7. But Values Them As Much As Your Strengths.

For the first time since they broke up, she was talking to another person.

Her moms worried voice calmed her as they talked through what happened. She wasn't crying as she explained the whole plot of her sad story, she was just twirling a piece of her newly cut hair around her finger.

Her mom comforted her; her voice enough to make her fall asleep like she would when she was little.

But her best friends voice got her riled up.

So much that her best friend was coming over, equipped with her scissors and her years of beauty school.

When the doorbell rang, she wasn't just opening the door for her best friend.

She was opening the door to her new future.

Whatever happens tonight would be for her and her future, and her hand on the doorknob and the deep sigh she let out prepared her for the future she was going to take part in.

The light streamed in from the open door, the sun greeting her with all of its beauty. The bright light was welcoming her to her future, starting with the girl holding up a pair of red scissors and wearing a smile.

And a smile was now spread across her face as she looked at her freshly trimmed haircut, no longer rough around the edges, in the mirror.

She knew the future would be bright for her.

As bright as the sun that was now let in the windows, lighting every piece of furniture that was once closed in the same darkness she lived in for the last two weeks.

It felt good on her face, highlighting every feature he once traced, but with a gentler touch. A touch that helped her much more than his ever did.

Her skin was glowing from the bright rays, her eyes were lit with happiness, and her limbs were dancing with ease as she laughed with her best friend in the kitchen.

The note signed with the heart was no longer on the fridge, but in the trash, right next to a charm bracelet he bought her and a framed picture of the two of them together.

She was moving on.