Chapter 13

Amber's POV

We went down to the cellar to try out the combination.

"Okay 1890 let's see." said Nina.

We waited for about 5 seconds but nothing happened.

"Ugh. nope." said Fabian

Then the the wall opened it's self.

"Yes!" I screamed full of Joy.

Then we went inside and it was an old secret office.

"Wow a secret office!" Nina said.

Then the door closed itself.

"Oh no! How are we going to open it?" I asked.

"Look there a button let's press it. I think it opens the door again." Fabian said.

"Yep it works! Okay let's look around the office." Nina said.

"Guys look! RFS which stands for Robert Frobisher Smythe. It must of have been his office." Said Fabian.

I went towards a painting and when I touched it. It fell on the floor but underneath the painting there were 6 amulets.

"On each of them there is a different symbol. Spider, crocodile, cow..." Said Fabian.

"I've seen them somewhere! look they are on the map too. But how are we going to find tunnels? It's a dead end." Nina said.

"Look at this I think they are Robert's diary's cause they have RFS on them. Maybe we could share them and read them and find clues." Said Fabian handing me one.

"Yuck! they're all covered in webs!" I said.

"Okay let's go back now." Nina said.

IN SCHOOL

I was walking through the corridor and saw Jaspar who was Fabian's cousin.who also knew a lot about ancient stuff so I asked him what amulets are for and he told me that they were used for protection. Then when I was back at the house I went into the living room and saw Nina and Fabian reading the diary's we found.

"Guys I have info on amulets. They were used for protection." I said.

"Protection? From what?" Nina asked.

"Danger and bad ghosts."I said.

"Okay we should get a better look at those amulets. We should go down their later on today." Said Fabian.

Then we went to our dining table to eat breakfast but Mick had an announcement to make...

"I'm moving to Austraila." He said while everybody was in shock.

"What? when are you leaving? asked Fabian.

"Tomorrow." he said.

Nina's POV

Later on that day me and Fabian went down to the secret office in the cellar to look for more clues.

"It's a dead end Fabian. The black spirit won't be happy with us." I said.

"The amulets have to mean something. Amber said that they protect from bad
Ghosts." Fabian said.

"Yes, but they won't protect us from the curse for sure." I said.

Then I looked round the room and found a bookshelf so I took a book out and saw the secret tunnel behind it.

"Fabian look at this!" I said.