Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Causal Loop

Hindi pa rin makaniwala si Sir Mardon sa nangyari sa ginawa namin. He repeatedly asking me, if we gone through time dahil we jumped back one day to the same place. Agad naman siyang bumalik sa faculty room at nabigla naman ang ilang mga profs doon nang makitang gulantang si Sir Mardon.

"Sir, what happened?" his co-faculty asked him.

He shook his head while still rummaging his things on the table. When he found something I didn't recognize ay natulala na lang din naman ito.

"I just finished checking all your quizzes then it goes back to this." pinakita naman niya sa amin 'yong quiz papers na wala ngang mga check. Nanlumo siya bigla dahil alam kong pinagpuyatan niya iyong tapusin tapos babalik lang pala ulit saw ala 'yong ginawa niya.

"Hay naku, sir." Napakamot na lang din naman ang mga ilang faculty member sa kanya.

Napahagikgik naman akong lumapit sa kanya. Sir Mardon is older than me, nasa thirties na siya and if I'm not mistaken ay single pa rin siya. I don't know kung may girlfriend pa siya dahil madalas naming makita ay mag-isa lang siya. But that's not the point about, he'll help me here.

Hinarap naman ako ni Sir Mardon, "what in the world you came from?"

"Sir, I've told you this. And I need your help here." Aniko. Halos nagmamakaawa na ang tono ko sa kanya. "You have a day sir, can you help me with this?"

He took a deep breath. Wala naman siyang magagawa at hindi ko rin siya papakawalan dahil siya lang ang nakakaalam sa abilidad ko. Hindi ko na papalagpasin pa ang pagkakataon na ito. Si Sir Mardon lamang ang nakikita kong tutulong sa akin... kung iisipin nandiyan si Morley pero mukhang hindi naman niya ako matutulungan.

"Let me ask you first," aniya. Tumango lamang ako sa kanya. "Before you push me to that wormhole, sino 'yong mga parang tinatawag ka?" tanong naman nito sa akin.

"They are the Time Enforcers, sir."

"Who—what?"

"Time Enforcers. They get their actions from the Time Ministry which is the veterans of the time travelling. The people who keep the timeline intact and safe. They search for me because I abide their major rules. Travel into the future and the worst is, the future of the other earth."

"You mean, multiverse?" he asked.

"Yes, sir." I nodded, "they are real and they were unlikely like us. So what happened when I came back to this earth, the future of that earth was becoming this earth's future. Alam kong medyo magulo sir at—"

"No, I get it." Aniya na mukhang ina-analyze talaga ang mga sinabi ko. "You said you travel to the other earth's future, so that's the future you messed up has on you and so that when you came back to your present time, what you did there affects the whole timeline."

"What does it mean, sir?"

"It is predestination paradox or what we called causal loop."

"Sir, alam mo namang wala akong alam diyan eh. Please po pa-explain, that's why I need your help."

He sighed and nodded, "it occurs when the person travel back time when he causes a lot of changes in that event. In some calls, you are trapped inside of a temporal causal loop in which you're altering one's event to prevent it to happen in the future. Some scientist tells that no matter how you try to prevent, it is going to happen again and again."