Chapter 8

Chapter 8:
The next week wasn't a good week for anyone. Odin and frigga had returned to Asgard the next day as Laufey had said, obviously the point of them going at all had been ruined, but neither of them really cared, they were glad they went because they were able to see what was going on there. Frigga thought Odin would be angry at her for ruining any potential peace making with jotunhiem, but he wasn't, in fact, he fully supported what she did there. Odin couldn't stop thinking about the fact that he could have saved that boy from all that torture if he hadn't given him back to Laufey as a baby, he knew it was the right thing to do at the time, but had he known what was going to happen he never would have let laufey have him.
So as we were saying, the following week was bad for everyone. Frigga felt guilty that she had to leave Laufeys son there and she spent her week getting a bedroom ready for him, but it killed her that she wasn't able to take him home with her right away. When they told Thor what was happening he wasn't happy about it, why would they bring a frost giant here? They explained the situation but it was clear that he wouldn't understand the intensity of this until he actually met Laufeys son face to face.
And Laufeys son... it was the worst week of his life. Laufey knew he only had a week left so he inflicted as much pain and torture as possible in the one week. The young frost giant for no sleep at all for seven days straight. he could barely think because of all the pain he was in, and when he was able to have a coherent thought all he could think about was the fact that he was being sold. He wanted to get away from Laufey, but being sold? He really was just a thing that Laufey owned, he could be bought and sold like an animal. He always knew that laufey didn't think of him as an actual person, but the idea of being sold to a group of people he knew nothing about was still terrifying.
Then finally the week was over.
Frigga Odin and Thor all waited by the entrance of the palace, Frigga wanted to wait in the observatory but Odin said it would be best to wait in the palace so they don't make the jotuns mad.
Thankfully it was early when Laufey and Ilkay arrived- well, Just Ilkay came at first. Ilkay was escorted by the Asgardian guards and brought to the palace.
"Where is Laufey and the boy?" Frigga asked. She refused to call him their son, he wasn't, they were not his parents just because they gave birth to him. But She didn't know his name so she couldn't call him anything proper.
"Relax Frigga, they're coming" she said causally. After a little while Laufey showed up with a few jotun men who were dragging along the young frost giant who was totally limp because he'd been beaten so much. He was chained around his wrists, ankles, neck and even around his waist. Seeing him chained like that made Frigga angry, he couldn't get away, why did they have to treat him like this?
"Unchain him" Frigga ordered when they all came into the palace. The guards dropped Laufeys son and he crumbled to the ground, he was in even worse shape than when frigga had seen him last, she wouldn't have thought it was possible but she was looking right at him. His face was barely visible under all the blood and injuries. Thor suddenly wasn't at all mad at them for bringing home a frost giant. This wasn't what he was expecting at all and he didn't even care that he was a jotun anymore.
"I'll unchain him when he belongs to you" Laufey said. "Did you get my message about the price?" He asked. He'd sent a message earlier that week telling her how much money he expected in exchange for his son.
"Yes of course, its all right here" she said as she gestured to several bags of gold.
"Excellent" Laufey said as he had his men go pick up the bags of money. "Unchain the maggot as the lady requested" Laufey said, his men grabbed the young frost giant and started pulling the chains off his limp body, Frigga would've thought he was dead if he hadn't wince and groaned.
Once all the chains were off him Laufey looked at frigga.
"Well you have a new pet. Congratulations, I'm sure you'll have fun with it" he said. Now that the boy was hers Frigga didn't care to ever see Laufey again.
"Get out. All of you" she said to them "you have your money now leave and don't come back" she told them.
"As you wish your highness" Laufey said as he waved for Ilkay to follow him out of the palace. As they left Ilkay took a last look at her son, but she said nothing, she just looked at him before turning away and leaving the palace. As soon as they were gone frigga went over to Laufeys son and knelt next to him, she helped him to lay flat so he was in as little pain as possible. She held his face so he could see her but he was so bashed up she doubted he could see anything. As soon as she touched him he flinched and she could feel him shivering.
"It's okay... it's okay now" she said sweetly as she stroked his face gently "you're safe now"