13

"That question started it. "I said

I thought about the question all day. I didn't know what to think. Are we dating ? Or are we just friends that kiss and cuddle? Does he want to date me?

I was sitting in my last class. Waiting for the bell to ring. Just waiting. I was by Red and he was staring at Barney. Or his real name John. He's just called that.

For Red. New boyfriend every week. But Barney is different. They have been seeing each other for a month. The longest relationship for him. And I'm proud.

Then finally the bell rings. And I run to the front. To find him. Adam. I want to talk to him about it. I know it won't be good. But I just want to ask.

I find him by his car. "Hey"I said. He smiled. We got in and he drove me home. It was a silent ride.

He parked outside and we walked inside. I ran to my room and he just laughed. When we were both in I closed the door.

"So what do you wanna do"he asked. "Are we dating?"I blurted out. I looked at him. "Ty. Let's not talk about this"he said.

"But I want to"I said. "I don't. "He said. I shook my head. "You always do this"I said.

"Do what"he asked. "I ask you this. And you say let's not talk about it. Adam I need to know"I asked.

He looked down. "Am I not good enough. Is this just some stupid thing you want to try. You want to break my heart"I asked. "Ty"he said.

"Adam. What am I to you"I asked. He didn't answer. "For the love of God. I haven't even met your mother. I should. You met mine plenty of times. "I yelled.

"She isn't included in this"he said. "In what. WHAT ARE WE"I yelled. "NOTHING. WE ARE NOTHIG. YOUR JUST A STUPID KID. "He yelled.

I looked at him. "GET OUT"I yelled. He shook his head. "Oh sorry king Ty. Something didn't go your way "he said. He grabbed his stuff.

"Don't come near me. At all"I said. He shook his head.  "Whatever "he walked out. I heard the door slam.

Then I saw my mom by the door. "That's new"she said. I shook my head. "Not in the mood"I said.

"Ok. Jeez. Well I'm getting dinner. Bye. Oh and I got a foster kid. His name is Jeff. He is really sweet. "She said. I nodded.

Adam

I opened the door to the smell of beer. I rolled my eyes. "Your home early"my mom said. I didn't say anything.

"What your boyfriend got tired of you"she asked. Truth is I always talk about Ty. I'm just scare how my mom will treat him.

I didn't answer. She threw a bottle at me. "ANSWER ME"she yelled. "NO"I yelled back. She backed up.

I ran to my room.