Then

The cave I grew up in was dark and filled with mold, and the vile scent of decaying things. The walls were slimy, and the drip of water from the wet ceiling disturbed the silence of my home. The only furniture we had were our sleeping coffins and a wardrobe each.

My father often left me alone, to go off on a human hunt or to terrorize a village with his vampire friends. It was my 118th birthday today, and he's been gone for two weeks. I was done with him, all this disappearing and no communication. I was leaving tonight with a few of my close friends.

A deep howl came from outside my cave and I picked up my suitcase, casting a last disdainful look over the cave. I wouldn't miss this place, and no matter how much it pained me to think it, I knew my father wouldn't come looking for me when I left.

I shifted silently, gripping my suitcase handle tightly in my tiny bat claws and I flew out of the cave into the misty night. A fresh breeze filled my wings and I felt weightless, as I always did when I was flying.

"Drac! Down here!"

I looked down to see my friends lurking in the shadowy line of the forest, the only indication of Griffin (the invisible man) being the indentation his feet left in the soft grass. Murray's green eyes glowed brightly in the dark and Wayne was hidden somewhere. I soared down gently to the ground and slipped quietly into the shadows, shifting out of my bat body.

"Ready to go guys?" I asked, looking at the three suitcases beside my friends.

"Of course we are," Griffin replied. "Frank's being shipped over, so he should get there a couple days after us."

"How did he manage to do that?" I gasped in surprise. "The humans didn't catch him?"

"No way would Frank ever let that happen," Wayne barked, panting quietly in the dark. "We should hurry, that train is going to pass through in about an hour, and we need to be there to catch it."

We were heading to Hawaii. We'd heard stories about the warm island from other monsters brave enough to go, and decided that we would try our luck making our way there. We had to catch a train that would take us to the coast, where we would be able to sneak on a boat.

"Well, what are we waiting for then!" Murray exclaimed, picking up his suitcase.

I had no idea what was waiting for me on that trip. It was just supposed to be a fun trip with my friends, but it turned into so much more.

First chapter for the sequel! It's not exactly based on the second movie, but I wanted to go into what I imagined Dracula's past might have been like, let me know if you guys like it in the comments!

It's pretty short but I'll probably make it longer and edit it after I finish it.