twenty- four - mute

Three years later...

Your Point of View.

Grabbing a yogurt from out of my mini refrigerator while giving praises that today was Friday, classes this time of the year was no joke at all.

Midterms was coming up and my grades needed to be prayed on before my parents asked for them.

With a spoon in one hand and the cup in the other, I plopped down on my bed to hopefully get a few hours of peace and quiet before my roommate barge in with some story to tell from today.

Opening the little pocket, I plugged my earphones into my ear, blasting my favorite artist of today.

Bobbing my head to the beat, I ate my little snack in silence.

As song after song played in my ear and I've thrown my waste in the trash can, I laid my head down on my pillow, wondering how I got here in the first place.

I was currently a full-time student at Louisiana State University, had a job at a local library, and was not depending on anybody.

Some days were rough with not knowing a lot of people here due to me being a mute, but with Odell's help, it really didn't take much affect.

Even though he was more popular around campus because of him being on the football team, he still excelled in the classrooms, and always made time for me no matter what or at least at the beginning he did.

With all the award shows, football practices, and getting prepared for the NFL draft this year, I started to feel out of place in his life.

Today was our four year anniversary, but like our date that we were supposed to have last week, he totally forgot.

I even had a surprised for him and even texted him "Happy Anniversary', but what did I get in return?

Nothing.

Forcing myself not to cry and not to be such a baby, I closed my eyes to get some rest, and hopefully wake up to a text from my boyfriend when I did.

"Girl, you need to come down to the quad right now," my roommate busted into our room, making me groan in annoyance.

Now was not the time to be loud.

Opening my eyes at a smiling Shakira, I shook my head no.

She rolled her eyes as she dragged me from the comfort of my bed. "Honey this is important, you need to get up now."

Putting on my shoes and grabbing my phone, I followed her to wherever she was trying to lead me to that was outside of our building.

"You can't move a little faster? I sometimes swear you got molasses in your ass!" She yelled back at me.

Folding my arms and picking up my pace, the wind started to pick up, making me wish I had brought a jacket with me after all.

As we now stood in the middle of the Quad, I looked over at Shakira with a confused look.

Why were we here in the middle of Fall?

No one was really here and it looked as if it wanted to rain by the clouds in the sky.

Feeling someone grasp my hands and turning me around to face them, my eyes soon came in contact with the ones I fell in love with so many years ago.

"This is where I told you I wanted to love you forever," he smiled before getting down on one knee and bringing something from out of his pocket.

Feeling the tears brimming down my face, he remembered the little things that made my heart beat faster.

Even I forgot about this moment we shared right here.

"Y/n, I know I've been busy with everything and I haven't given you the attention you deserve, but with you being my wife, I want to change that starting now. I love you with all my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, so will you do me the honor and marry me?"

Clasping my mouth in admiration, was he for real?

"Yes baby this is for real," he smiled when he noticed the expression on my face.

Nodding my head, I watched as he slid the diamond engagement ring on my finger before bringing his lips to mine.

"This is so beautiful," Shakira mumbled as she faked cried behind us.

Giggling at her over dramatic reaction, I couldn't believe that I thought he had forgotten our anniversary!

"I think you can give it to me that I won this year with the anniversary gift," he whispered in my ear as I gave him a bone crushing hug.

With hearing his bold statement, I gave him a shrug.

Remembering the gift I had buried deep down in my purse, I rubbed my stomach knowing that there was something else that might top it.