Prologue

QUICK NOTE BEFORE YOU READ THIS BOOK.
I wrote this when I was 13? 14? I'm now 19. This book is honestly not great, the literature isn't up to my standard now and I had no right writing about some of the topics that are spoken in this fanfiction at such age. So ignore the heavy amount of cringe and the spelling mistakes...please. Nonetheless, enjoy your read. And yes, even 6 years later Edmund is still up there as one of my favourite fictional boyfriends. Enjoy.
-Gabs

Narnia. A world full of fantasies and dreams, kings and queens, magical, spiritual animals roaming free. Narnia is special. It's special how the wind blows, how summer is warm like no other, how the river whispers in your head. Even the sky's have its own personality. The sun is stubborn, never moves or stops shining for anyone, not that anyone bothers to care or be miserable.

Everything always seemed so perfect. The summer air, the tide when it washes ashore. The sandy beach with footsteps of miniature animals that begin their new lives of maturity. The sun kissed skin of the fellow old men that go fishing at the rocky beach side. The lights flashing from the golden gates of the golden castle.

Upon a hill in Cair Paravel , sat a large palace, home to two kings and two queens, and many other delighted creatures, proud to be a
customised with a beautiful place to live. The two Queens are gorgeous like no other, Susan the high queen has dark hair and dull blue eyes, her smile is white , however she frowns a lot too, but she is kind. Lucy the youngest of them all is the lower queen, that doesn't seem to bother her as she is the most happy person in Narnia and most charming to be in her presence. The eldest son of Adam is named Peter, he's known for his bravery and love for his town, his country. The last, is Edmund. He's different like no other, dark secrets lurk beneath his soul, his dark hair and crystal brown eyes glimmer with pain that he hides. He's incredibly charming, and is known for his skilful sword battle skills, also known as the Just. You see, they all started off as children, brothers and sisters the Pevensies, you may be interested to know they didn't start in this dimension, but the normal one.

This week in Cair Paravel, the Telmarines kings son is staying with them, along with some other Telmarines to ensure his safety. About 50 over all. Susan took this as an opportunity too throw exquisite parties to put a smile on everyone's faces , she hates her guests to be bored.

Now, this second the first party is in play, many Telmarines Ladies swarm around each king, wanting to court them. Peter is being polite, laughing and nodding at each convocation that each willing lady holds whilst the rest dance in the ball room filled with crystals and elements that only royalty could afford. However, to Peters right Edmund sat, his head propped up by his lazy arm completely ignoring the constant chatter of giggles and flirts from greedy women. He wasn't being rude he still smiled and nodded like his brother, but in the inside was bored like no other.

He usually just sat and dawdled with his frown and his deep thoughts. He sometimes stared at peoples faces and listened to the murmur of peoples voices. Fascinated and clued up about how every single person is different. How every person had their own smile, their own glimmer of hope in their soul. How every persons walk was different, how everyone's talk was different. How the colour of each pair of eyes could be the slightest different to any other. All the shades of hair, the texture and slightly waved. Each flinch of the skin, each freckle, each mark. He was mesmerised by the science of evolution as such as everyone was as curious about him.

Everyone knew of the Dark Kings reputations. They usually vary but come to the same conclusion. He is, as it says, Dark. Not in the murderous, serial killer, psycho way. In the mysterious, secretive and unique way. People didn't fear him, atleast the people who wasn't in a sword fight with him. His words, his point of view, his eyes, set people to think of him. He was at once, a human. But even though he figured how everyone was different and varied, he wondered why he was so unalike his brothers and sisters. Wanting and hoping something magical, something interesting would happen.