𝐯𝐢𝐢. REVELATIONS & BEACHES

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  THE FOLLOWING DAY WAS FILLED strange happenings. In the morning, Edward Cullen had practically appeared out of nowhere and began conversing with Bella. Bailey thought that they had such a strange relationship if one could even call it that. It was more like a sequence of hot and cold interaction wrapped tightly together with obvious tension. She made sure to scurry off when those two got together, Bailey was no desire in being a third-wheel. 

In History class Mr. Vander (yes Bailey had finally learned his name) was going over the essay he had assigned on the Civil War. Ever since their introduction weeks back Jasper was friendlier in class, that is he didn't ignore Bailey as much; he actually acknowledge her presence. The only reason why he stayed in Bailey's good graces was that he was fairly good a History—not nearly as good as her, but relatively close. 

Each student was given their essays back. Jasper had received his first and Bailey saw that he'd gotten an A+. When it was Bailey's turn to receive her work from Mr. Vander, he didn't even look at her when he slammed the pages on her desk. 

Bailey picked up her paper and her jaw dropped... a B-, she had gotten a B-. Not an A, not even an A-, hell not even a B! Despite the fact that her writing, research, and analysis were perfect. Bailey was meticulous about writing papers, she had drafts upon drafts, perfecting every detail, every quotation, every argument. 

She was fuming. She didn't understand what he had against her—these passive-aggressive underminings. Never choosing her when she rose her hand, ignoring her input in class discussions, and now he wasn't giving her the grades that she clearly deserved!  

"What is this?" Bailey blurted out. 

Mr. Vander stopped handing out the rest of the essays, he looked over at Bailey. "Do you have something to say, Miss Swan?" 

"Yes. I want to know why I'm not getting the grades that I clearly deserve? What is this?" Bailey held up her essay before slamming it back onto her desk. "I don't understand what your vendetta is against me, but as a teacher—a professional, put aside whatever bias you have for me and do your job properly! If my work is flawless give me the flawless grade!" 

"...Miss Swan, you are so confident that you should deserve a perfect grade—but have you considered that maybe your work isn't as 'flawless' as you claim? But of course, you, a mere student must be more knowledgeable than me. Is that what you're suggesting? Have you been certified by the state of Washington to teach? Have you gotten a bachelor's and masters in History? Two decades of education experience?" 

Bailey's nostrils were flared but she said nothing. 

"Hmm, yes, I thought not." He had this sickeningly spiteful grin stretched across his face. "Tell me, Miss Swan, do you think that perhaps your unbearable arrogance is compensation for the fact that you aren't as smart as you so deeply believe?"