Chapter 1

I wake up with a start to hear my mom screaming. Well, she's not really my mom. Or motherly like in the least. You see I'm in a foster home. And the person who runs it is like a witch.

Honestly I'm surprised she isn't. I wouldn't be scared in the least to seeing who do some weird magic voodoo ty-

I'm tore out of my thoughts as I'm backhanded by the witch her self. I hold back my growl. You see. I'm a werecat. Yes I said it right. I'm not a mutt. I'm a proud feline.

"I told you to wake up at 4 am and start cleaning the whole house!" I glare up at her before sighing and bending my head down, making my self submit too her. It hurts to submit to a lowlife like her.

"Sorry mistress. My alarm didn't go off. " she makes us call her mistress. We are her slaves. I can't wait till I get out of this place. I could have already left. But if I left all the other children would be abused.

I always take their punishments. If they do something wrong I tell them to run off before the mistress gets there. So she only sees me.

The beatings aren't that bad. My body can take it. Theirs couldn't. So I take all punishments.

Sure I have scars. But as long as the others don't get beat I don't care what she does to me.

I stand up, keeping my head bowed "I'll get right on it mistress. " I start walking off before a hand grabs my wrist and jerks me back.

I gasp stumbling over my feet falling on my butt. I look up at the mistress. She looks beyond angry. I gulp.

"You'll get on it after I get done with you!" My eyes widen.

"P..please mistress. I'm sorry mistress. It won't happen again mistress. "

She lets out a sickly laugh before kicking me. I grunt and slide across the floor. She has a powerful kick.

I let out a sharp cry as she kicks me again and again. I cough up blood. Blinking away the tears. I know you're probably wondering why I don't shift and tear her to shreds. I can't.

As much as I hate to say it. I can't. The kids still need her. She does feed them and have keep them sheltered. Plus there is no other foster homes that would take us.

So I take the beatings. I suffer so they don't have to any more than they already do.

As she finishes kicking me she jerks me up by my hair. Knotting her fist in my hair, she brings my face closer too hers.

"Clean that blood up brat!" I whimper out a yes mistress before she drops me.

I hit the floor with a heavy thud. I hear her heels clacking away. She stops at the door way. "I expect breakfast ready in thirty minutes" and with that she walks out slamming the door behind her.

I lay in the floor for a little bit before dragging my self off the ground. I cough up blood into my hand as I limp to the bathroom. I let out a groan as I wash my hands and mouth with a rag.

Taking the rag back to the room I fall to my knees scrubbing the blood off of the floor.  I tense as I hear my name being yelled a from the mistress.

" Clara!" I quickly stand up, ignoring the pain, throwing the rag in the clothes bin before rushing down to the mistress.

"Coming mistress!" I run down the steps towards the kitchen where I heard her yell from. I stop in the doorway standing at attention

"Yes mistress? Is there something wrong mistress?" I look around the kitchen not seeing anything wrong with it.

"Before you make breakfast I want you to run out to the store."  I nod slowly.