Chapter 17 : Developing affection.

AMANDA'S POV

I took his hand and put it on my waist while I placed them around my neck "Is this fine? you can sing a slow song now "

"No this is not fine", he separated himself instinctively "I am supposed to ask you for a dance and escort you to the dance floor "

"b-but where's the floor", I shrugged looking around.

"We can imagine there's an amazing dance floor there", he pointed towards the vacant ground which was closer to the campfire.

"Fine, let's go to that beautiful floor", I crooked my elbow into his and we marched along.

"So what song do you want me to sing; your highness ", he winked at me. Memories of Mr. Linley's party flushed through my mind. How a little peck on my lip got me wondering for days, how it felt different in a good way of course, and how we never uttered or reacted anything about it from the other day.

"Anything, my king ", I laughed out loud, he reciprocated my laughter with his.

He put his right hand on my left hip side, his left hand gently grasped my right hand and he held it up about shoulder level.

'If our love was a fairy tale
I would charge in and rescue you'

"no you got to be kidding me, this is one of my favorites. Oh My God", My eyes twinkled with joy. My left arm was generally placed on his shoulder as per the traditional couple dance condition.

'On a yacht, baby, we would sail
To an island where we'd say I do'

He sang really nicely, keeping in mind the high and low pitched tones. Our arms stayed in place while we swayed our feet in sync with each other.

'And if we had babies they would look like you
It'd be so beautiful if that came true'

He subtly pushed my right hand leaving the choice of the direction on me so I moved towards the left side. I later lead him to a new direction and continue to turn in a box-like shape so that we kept slow dancing while keeping things interesting.

'You don't even know how very special you are'

We both sang together loudly, this was supposed to be my favorite song so when it was sung by him it was harder for me to control my bathroom singer type of emotions.

'You leave me breathless
You're everything good in my life'

Mr. Reynolds moved his right foot backward, so I moved my left foot forward complimenting his move. I never knew this could turn out to be such an amazing dance. All I expected was that we'd either run over each other's feet or fall on each other. This was unexpected and delightful.

'You leave me breathless
I still can't believe that you're mine '

He opened his arms signaling me to twirl while he kept singing.

'And if our love was a storybook
We would meet on the very first page
The last chapter would be about
How I'm thankful for the life we've made '

This time I was the one who led the song, I sang it smiling and then recollected that I missed out a line but since this wasn't any singing competition it did no harm.

'And if we had babies they would have your eyes
I would fall deeper watching you give life.'

Mr. Reynolds took charge over this line which definitely had a certain great impact on me, I really wished upon my future husband to sing this line to me but for this instance, I wanted to kiss him, he looked straight in my eyes but then he was drunk so I couldn't take advantage over him so I lowered my gaze.