Lost

The frightening scream woke the other two up. Both Jaehwan and Hongbin heard Hyuk's scream from their rooms and woke up immediately to see what was wrong.

'Was that Hyuk just now?' Hongbin asked and saw Jaehwan come out from his room at the same time.

'I think so. Let's see what's wrong.'

Hongbin nodded and the both rushed to Hyuk's room.

'Hyuk-ah! What's wrong?!' Jaehwan shouted in worry as soon as he opened the door with Hongbin following close behind.

The two of them saw Hyuk covering himself with his covers at the very corner of his bed, as if he was avoiding something or someone...

Then they noticed their leader was also in the room but frozen and trembling as well.

'Hyung! What's wrong with Hyuk?' Hongbin asked.

'I don't know.' Hakyeon voice sounded as if he was going to cry. 'Hyuk-ah, what's wrong? Answer me please. You're scaring me.'

Hakyeon wanted to reach for Hyuk but his hands would not stop the shaking while looking at the frightened boy.

'I woke up to get a drink and heard Hyuk having a nightmare. I wanted to wake him up but as soon as he saw me... he freaked out and started screaming.' Hakyeon broke down into tears as he recalled witnessing Hyuk's reaction. 'I tried to get closer to him but he kept backing away and ...'

Hakyeon choked on his tears, unable to continue.

Jaehwan looked at Hakyeon than at Hyuk. He noticed that the maknae wasn't fully conscious of what was reality and what was a nightmare. He and Hongbin glanced at one another and both understood immediately what was going on.

Only Hakyeon didn't understand. If only their leader remembered what happened that day... what he did... then he would understand why Hyuk was so afraid.

Jaehwan approached Hyuk carefully while Hongbin stayed by Hakyeon's side in hopes that the leader would stop his trembling and tears.

'Hyogi. Hyuk-ah. Can you hear me?' Jaehwan asked.

'Jaehwan-ah, I tried but he's just so scared... what do we do?' Hakyeon desperately asked. For once, he had no answers to the problem and it was painful to see the youngest so frightened of him.

'Don't worry hyung. Let me handle this.' Jaehwan assured Hakyeon while Hongbin tried to calm Hakyeon down still. 'Hyuk! Han Sanghyuk! Wake up.'

Jaehwan embraced the poor maknae and calmly whispered into Hyuk's ears. Trying to wake him from his nightmares.

'It's okay. It's just me, Jaehwan. Ken. You're alright now, no one is going to hurt you.'

Hyuk froze for a minute upon hearing Jaehwan's name and voice. He felt the warm and comforting embrace and immediately held onto Jaehwan's shirt. Finally, the poor child felt much more secured and eventually, he fell back to sleep peacefully. As if... he had never woken up from the nightmare.

Hakyeon watched on the side at how Jaehwan was able to do something he could not. Hyuk accepted Jaehwan's comfort yet rejected his.

The expression of fear on Hyuk's face was unforgettable. It kept flashing in his mind and his heart ached from feeling so helpless. He was the oldest in the group, as well as the leader of VIXX yet, he was completely useless when it came to comforting the youngest member.

~

Taekwoon and Wonshik finally decided to head by to the dorm around dawn. They were being careful while opening the door, as all the members should be soundly asleep by now. But as soon as they opened the door, they saw the living room lights still turned on.