dark black magic: chapter 28: dramatic turn of events

Start from the beginning

"What are you planning, your highness?"

"I'm going to use her as a lure. I want to send her demon boyfriend back to hell."

"I don't think that is a good idea, he's not like those other low class demons. He seems more powerful..."

"Do you doubt my abilities?" I snapped at Dalton.

"No your highness."

"Then go to the forest and stop calling me your highness. I'm not a Prince anymore."

Stephanie Collins POV

My hair was growing back. I noticed the new strands poking through this morning in the mirror. Ever since those people found me in the forest I have felt different. My body does not feel the same. I feel stronger, faster, quicker, my senses are heightened and I don't feel pain, hot or cold. What has happened to me?

Last night was the first night I actually had a dream since my depression. I was in a garden talking to girl called Mia. She seemed to know me very well even though I had never met her before. She told me strange things about vampires, demons, werewolves and trolls. It was so strange and fascinating to listen about all these stories the pain inside of me disappeared for a little while. Mia told me the pain would eventually go but I had to keep fighting and believe in myself. Emotionally I felt to tired to fight and I couldn't help but feel like a complete and utter loser. My parents were so mad when they picked up from the store. I've let them down so many times-

Just then my train of thought was interrupted by a tapping on my window. Suddenly I panicked, was it the girls from school here to torment me? I ducked under my desk and closed my eyes. The window rattled even more.

"Go away." I whispered.

"Good evening mademoiselle." A smooth voice purred from out of the darkness. I opened one eye and saw a handsome man wearing an obscene amount of crushed velvet. My mouth fell open, was he a hallucination?

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am Rudolph of the imperial royal household."

Oh god, my psychiatrist warned me that this would happen. The depression has manifested itself into psychosis- I'm mad. The man smiled charmingly at me.

"Are you going to come out from underneath that desk?" he enquired.

I shook my head.

"Is there anyway I can persuade you?" he asked.

"Go away." I replied.

"That would be counter-productive my dear. I have come here to talk to you and you only."

"You're not real."

"I'm very real I assure you. Would you like me to prove it?"

Before I could reply Rudolph crouched under the desk placed his hands either side of my head and kissed me . His lips were solid, his palms were cold, this was definitely not a hallucination. Pulling back he smiled, "Kissing is so much more genteel then a pinch or a slap and I never turn down the opportunity to kiss a pretty girl."

I stared up at him. This had been the first time I had ever been kissed- ever and I had to admit it was quite nice. There were no fireworks or shooting stars between the stranger and I but it had been nice. Shocked at myself and this stranger I said, "Who are you, what do you want."

"Do you have the memory of a gold fish? I already said that I am Rudolph and I what I want is a talk with you. But I'm not doing it under a desk."

I got out from underneath the desk and faced Rudolph, "What do you want and why did you kiss me?"

"You ask a lot of questions," Rudolph sighed. "I want to ask you for your help."

"My help?" I almost laughed, I was a useful as a chocolate tea pot.

"Skyler saved your life and I need your help to return the favour."

"I don't understand."

"Skyler was kidnapped by a vampire bounty hunter."

I laughed, "Vampires don't exist."

Rudolph smiled seductively, "Yes they do, would you like me to prove it?"

"Please do." I said.

Rudolph walked over to me lifted up the edge of my t-shirt and rested his hands on my bare flesh waist. His palms were suddenly warm. Leaning into me he kissed my neck. I didn't protest or pull away. For some reason I wanted this. Rudolph pushed my t-shirt over my head and I tugged at his ridiculous clothes. He lifted me up and carried me to my bed and lay me down. It was so nice these weird feelings I didn't want it to end but there was a small part of me that kept wondering why did he keep kissing my neck. I felt his teeth scrape across my neck then there was a sharp pain followed by a dizzying rush of pleasure. Rudolph was drinking from me while making love to me. It was a bittersweet feeling that I couldn't explain, it kept building until it peaked like a crescendo. I lay on the bed feeling hazy as Rudolph rolled off of me.

"I can never resist a pretty girl." he sighed.

"That was my first time." I said feeling disappointed with myself. I could have waited for someone who loved me- but then again he was a really hot vampire.

"We all have start somewhere." he said nonchalantly.

This vampire obviously had no romantic feelings towards me which to be honest was mutual. I got out of bed and went into my bathroom and inspected the marks on my neck- they were almost healed.

"Do vampires have some magically healing agent in their salvia?" I asked.

"No. It's a side effect from being immortal." Rudolph said.

"Immortal?" I asked.

"You don't know do you?" he said.