Homelessly In Love - Four

It's been a while, I know. I hate that I haven't been able to write, but this story is kind of sad right now and I haven't really been in the "sad" mood so it's hard to connect with my characters at this moment and make it seem realistic. I don't really like this chapter but I had to get something up for you guys, I feel so bad about not having updating in so long ...

This is Dedicated to those people that got me up to 50 Votes, 24 Fans, 26 Comments and 712 Reads!!! You guys are the reason I made myself write today!! :)

Vote 

Comment

Fan!

Enjoy :)

Chapter Four: Cameron

“Will you let me help you?” The man that told me his name was Nathaniel asks and I can’t help but hesitate.  I know it’s raining and that it’s cold and that I’m keeping him but I can’t really decide. He looks like a nice man, like someone that really wouldn’t hurt me like he’d promised, but Richard had said the same thing, and that didn’t turn out too well for me. I look up him hesitantly and I see the hope shining in his eyes, the little sliver of light in them begging me to say yes, so I do.

“Okay” I say in barely a whisper and despite the cold pounding rain, Nathaniel smiles. He puts out his hand and I stare at it for a moment longer than necessary before grabbing ahold of it and allowing him to help me to my feet.

He guided me to his car with one hand around my waist and the other still holding my hand like he thought I would fall over and die any second. When we get to his car he opens the door for me, reaches in and places a towel over what looks to be expensive leather, and motions for me to sit. Once again I hesitate but move quickly into the passenger seat when a strike of lightening glows in the sky and scares me into my seat.

When I’m fastened into the seat he runs around the car and straps himself into the drivers side. I tense up and sit ramrod straight on reflex as he starts driving. Memories flash through my mind as we stop at a light and Nathaniel turns to look at me. I cringe and instinctively push myself closer to the window away from his piercing gaze. He frowns and me and I close my eyes tight grimacing as I realize that getting into the car with this man was probably not the best idea.

I sigh a little from relief when I feel the car pull away from the intersection as I realize I’m safe for the moment, as long as the car is moving. I open my eyes again to peek over at Nathaniel only to find him scowling at the road. I begin to fidget nervously in my seat realizing that he’s angry with me for something. I speak softly, hoping to appease him even a little bit,

“Thank you” I say in barely a whisper and he looks at me in shock for a moment, mouth wide open before he nods a little with a small smile playing on his face.

“You’re welcome” he says pulling the car into a gated community and its then that I think to look at the clock and realize that we’ve been driving for the better half of an hour and we’re now on a side of town I’d never dreamed I’d ever even look at in person.