Prologue

Today is my eighteenth birthday. This day was supposed to be the day I find my mate and my wolf is finally considered mature. Today was suppose to be happy but instead this day has became the most terrible day I've ever had to witness. Worse then the death of my parents. Everything playing out in front of me is absolutely awful.

My whole pack is being slaughtered right in front of my eyes. I tried to run away but the wolves were too fast. I resorted to hiding on the side of a cottage replaying every moment in my life because I thought this moment would surely be the last.

From a distance I saw a man walking into the massacre like nothing was happening. Completely tranquil.

Time freezes as my eyes focus in on him. He was strong, tall and utterly beautiful.

I feel my thoughts hazing as a strong scent enters practically hits me in the face. It was musky and fresh and distracting all I could do was study him as he walked through the slaughtered bodies.

The sounds of my pack running around howling started to be drowned out as one of our best warriors runs toward him in wolf form and the man in question smiles. He smiles.

Why is he smiling? He is going to die. Unfortunately, 2 seconds later I was proved very wrong as our best warrior's neck is snapped like a twig.

I don't know if it's shock but I can't move.. why can't I move or run? Well I am terrified to say the least.. actually scratch that, I'm completely petrified.

Finally my fate is decided as his head turns to look at me.. our eyes meet and everything stops.

Mate

My breath catches in my throat but I dont even have time to register it before I'm pushed to the ground and a wolf pounces on top me. I thrash against him trying to get out from under him but it was no use. He moves to bite my neck when a huge wolf tears his head completely off of him. Blood splatters all over my clothes and the cottage behind me.

I let out a deep breath, cries subconsciously escaping me.

Mate mate mate my wolf chanted at me as the large wolf leaned down looking at me.

He has a red mark between his eyes just like the Blood Moon Alpha was rumored to have. Alpha Lukas Artemis Black, Bringer of Death.

****************************************************************************************

AN: HERE IS MY WARNING, THIS BOOK HAS A LOT OF SEXUAL CONTENT SO IF THAT'S NOT YOUR THING THEN I SUGGEST YOU DON'T KEEP READING. <3