2. God, I Hate Shakspeare

"I just don't get it, how a mediocre actor from a measly little town, is suddenly the brightest jewel in England's royal crown"

I look at my sister, Marielle, and sigh "It's alright for me to have an opinion about him" she smiles at me and stands up from her chair, picking up the book on the table next to her.

"Just read some of his work and tell me what you think, alright?" I nod unwillingly and take the book from her, walking over to my room. I shut the door behind me and sit on my leg with my legs crossed, I put the book down in my lap and fiddle with my night dress a little bit. I open the book and furrow my eyebrows, reading the first line of the poem that was smackdown in the front of the book.

"O mistress mine, where are you roaming?
O stay and hear! your true-love's coming
That can sing both high and low;
Trip no further, pretty sweeting,
Journey's end in lovers' meeting-
Every wise man's son doth know.
What is love? 'tis not hereafter;
Present mirth hath present laughter;
What's to come is still unsure:
In delay there lies no plenty,-
Then come kiss me, Sweet and twenty,
Youth's a stuff will not endure."

"Isn't he a charmer?" I sigh sarcastically and rub the back of my neck with my free hand, turning to the next page. His work isn't the worst thing I've ever read, but it really does show his hidden lust and passion, it's covered by the words of love.

After an hour or so of being unable to stop reading, I shut the book with a grimace and stand up, walking out of my room and over to my sister's room quietly. She looks up at me and raises her eyebrows "So?" I shake my head "Why is he a great writer, but a rude man?" I ask, she just shrugs and takes the book from me. I walk back to my room and decide to go the bed, turning off the lantern next to me bed and crawling into bed. I close my eyes and expect anything other than William Shakespeare in my dreams. Unfortunately, that's what I got.

*dream sequence*

"My love, why must you be so cruel?" He leans down and uncrosses my legs, placing himself between them and squeezing my dress with pleading eyes. "Why do you despise me?" My eyes become concerned and I take his face in my hands "You must love someone other than yourself, Will" he closes his eyes and places his hands over mine. "Stay with me, please?" He barely whispers and I give him a smile "Of course".

I begin to lean down and our noses are touching, we move closer and closer until- "Mariah!"

I sit up quickly and look at my sister with a groan "What time is it?" I ask her and she smirks "It's 8 in the morning, but I guess in your time it's Will o'clock" my eyes widen "What was I doing?" I ask her quickly and she smiles, grabbing a red dress out of my closet and motioning me for stand up. I get out of bed and she helps me out on the dress, "Do you want the short version of the long version?" I glance at her as she buttons the front of my dress "Short version".

She finishes buttoning it up and smirks, touching her shoulder across her chest "Oh, William, my love" I hit her on the shoulder and she giggles "Did you go from hating him to dreaming about him?" She asks me and I roll my eyes, fixing my hair and walking out of the house. She catches up to me and grabs my arm "Hold still" she pulls my hair over one of my shoulders and smiles "He won't be able to resist now" I roll my eyes for what feels like the millionth time and we walk straight to the theatre from there.

"Christ" I hear a voice say from behind me and turn around, rolling my eyes again. "It's rude to stare" I retort and he smiles "You can't convince me not to stare" I walk closer to him and glance at my smirking sister. In this moment, I have no idea what came over me, but I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer, his neck turns pink. "Mr. Shakespeare, would you like to go somewhere tonight?" I whisper, not knowing what I'm doing. He puts his nose against mine "Yes, anything for you" he says and I give him a smile, pulling his face closer to mine. Our lips are close to touching when I put my hands on his chest "Thanks, idiot" I whisper and push him back, walking over to my sister.

"What was that about?" She asks, I look back at him and wink "I'm gonna make him want me" he gives me a goofy smile and falls back, being caught quickly by a random man.