That Night

August POV

I sit there in the old, raggdy chair look at Melanie. Shes already getting weak and weak. I watch as she plays with Cienna. How she interacts with the kids. Soon, hopefully she will live her days as a mother. I can see on Devin's face how hurt he is. How sad, how hard this must be for him. I hurts me looking at him.

"Mel,"

"Mom," I smile at how happy Melanie got. Her whole family came, everybody. I hug them all.

"August Im really am impressed, I never seen this serious sid eof you," Her dad says, we both look at how happy Melanie is.

"Thank you, I had to change someday,"

"Oh okay open this one," Melanie opens her late birthday gifts. She smiles and stuffs the lingerie back int othe box.

"Your so nasty," She says to Harmony.

"Love you too, " Harmony says.

"August may I speak to you outside," the doctor says.

"Yes?," I step out and close the door and blinds.

"Melanie, we need to have this surgery tonight,"

"Tonight? Shes not supposed to go for another 3 days? You cant do this," I start getting mad, irritated. Frustrated because there is nothing I can do.

"Im sorry but the equipment will only be here for tonight, then tomorrow there gone,"

"No, she cant go, "

"August you signed the agreement as well as she did. Im sorry, she will be in safe hands trust me," He says, he walks away. How am I going to tell her? I walk inside the hospital room and see her face. Confused. I walk to her and tell her.

"No AUgust this cant happen! Tell them no!," she yells. Everybody lost.

"I-I,"

"August do something!," she yells.

"M-,"

"AUGUST DO SOMETHING!," She punches me in my chest, slaps me. "AUGUST!,"

"Hey hey, just chill. Tell whats going on," Her father says.

"I have to go into surgery tonight," 

"I-I," Im lost for words. Im just as angry as she is. Melanie tells him, and he starts to tear up.

"You cant get mad at him, its not his fault. Plus, the surgery is going to go well,"

"I need some air," I step outside and get into my car. Fuck, fuck , fuck. I shake my head. FUCK! I rest my head on the steering wheel and pray. I need some light on this.

**tonight**

"Melanie?," A nurse walks in. Everybody look up and the nurse smiles and walks over to Melanie's hospital bed. "Its time," The nurse helps Melanie into the wheelchair. I get up and help as well, Melanie holds onto my hand.

"I'll see you guys later," Melanie says.

"See ya later," Nobody said goodbye because we all know she is going to make it back. We all sit there rocking in our seats waiting and waiting. 2am. Still waiting. Waiting. Axiety. Scared. Nervous.

"Daddy," Kailyn sits on my lap and curls up.

"Its okay," I say. "She'll be okay," Just fine. Everybody was asleep about 2 hours later, but I couldn't sleep. Not one bit. My eyes were heavy but I couldn't go to sleep. Mentally. Physically hell yeah. Mentally, nope.

"Mr. Alsina," he walks back over to us. She is going to live, she is going to live. "She made it, she is asleep right now," I smile.

"Can I see her?,"

"Of course, but only one," I nod and look back at everybody asleep. I walk down to the hall following the doctor and open the door. Felling positive, happier. She made it. The cancer is gone. Hopefully. I grab her hand and get down on my knees. I look at her and smile, I admire her. SO much.

"Melanie, baby. I love you, so much. Your all better now, and that's a good thing. I love everything about you, I mean. You gave birth to 3 beautiful children. You gave me hope that my life will get better bye saying yes when I first asked you out,"

"Beep, Beep!," Sweet music to my ears.

"Melanie you are the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. Thank you for being there for me, I will always be by your side," I kiss her forehead. "No matter what, and if your up and not asleep. And you heard everything I just said, move them crusty ass toes," I laugh. I can see a smile starting to form on her face. Not fully. It stops. "I love you," It forms again, I just want to hear her voice again. Her laugh. Something. To know she still here with me. 

"BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!," I look at the meter and theres a straight line.

"No Melanie stay with me," I begin giving her CPR. I continue to repeat and repeat until nurses, doctors run in. They push me out of the way, and I try to help her. I need her. I love her. SHE CANT JUST GO! MELANIE! "MELANIE!,"

"Sir please," A nurse pushes me out and they close the door and lock it.

"Melanie!," I bang on the door over and over. "MELANIE!," I see Kailyn and Devin walk over to me and hug me.

"Dad she was suffering please," Kailyn says. "Shes in peace," I cry and hug them. "Dad shes safe,"

******

One hour later, they pronounced her dead.

*

"Im here infront of this Hawaiian Hosptial, for the death of one we all love. Melanie Alsina. Wife of August ALsina. Just hours ago, she was pronounced dead. She died from cancer, just out of surgery. Free from cancer, just moments later she was gone,"

Gone. She was gone. Im nothing without her. I sit there look at photos of her. Crying. I fall on my knees, begging for her to come back. Crying. Crying. I throw the frame at the wall, waking up Kailyn.

"Dad! Dad!," Kaiyln jumps up and runs to my aid. "Dad go to bed, come on," SHe helps me up.

"No you go back to bed," She rolls her eyes.

"Dad Im just as mad, sad , and pissed as you are. Okay, you have to face it shes gone!," Gone. "Shes in a better place okay, shes been through a lot of crap! OKAY! Shes better now!," she yells at me.

"Look just go back to bed," I guide her out and slam the door.

.........

....................

..................................

more reads

more votes

more comments.

more sugar.