Chapter 37 - Goodbyes

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 37

---

Ryder and I fell asleep in each other's arms until he woke us up before anyone in the house could have seen us. It was hard getting him out of the house without anyone hearing him. At that time, every creak of the steps on the stairs seemed loud enough to wake up an entire nation.

"I feel like a big elephant walking down these stairs," he had told me in a hushed tone.

"You're not the only one."

After walking down, what seemed like, an endless set of stairs, we were finally out the house and nobody woke up—at least I hoped so.

"How are you going to get home?" I asked.

"The same way I came here—I'm going to use my motorcycle."

My eyes widened. "You have one? You're such a cliché."

"No, I'm not. Just because I own a motorcycle, doesn't mean I'm clichéd." He rolled his eyes and I let out a laugh.

"Don't deny it," I said with a smirk.

He just rolled his eyes again and hopped on the motorcycle. He pulled on a helmet on his head and drove away, the sound of the loud engine interrupting the peaceful silence of the birds chirping.

After he left, the bed still smelled like him. It was too bad that we were going to California, and I wouldn't bask in the scent whilst falling asleep.

We spent the day packing and right before lunch, Reece came home. She wasn't here for the full day yesterday, and I wasn't sure why she wasn't here and if she knew about Cameron and Warren.

I was just about to open my suitcase when Reece walked in the room.

"Where were you for the past 24 hours?" I asked and noted her exhausted look.

"I was talking to dad and trying to convince him in me going with you to Los Angeles." She flopped on the bed, head first.

"And?"

"And . . . he said no. We were originally coming to Toronto for my sister, and then I begged them to come here instead. I have to visit my sister one way or another."

"Oh." The sadness was noticable in my voice.

"Yeah. Dad's waiting for me to pack my bags. He's coming to pick me up after lunch."

"What?" I asked with wide eyes, "You're leaving now?"

"Yes." She exhaled deeply and stood up. She bent down and pulled one of her large suitcases from under the bed.

"But you can't leave now," I said, standing up as well. I tried thinking of all the ways that I can convince him to keep Reece with us, but my mind was blank. Right when I needed my brain the most, it went blank.

"I don't want to leave either but we both know that we have little choice—no choice left, actually."

Someone knocked on the door before I could say anything else.