Lyra Mayslee

A/N Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading! We are almost at 400 views! AHHHH! I am not Rick Riordan, I do not own anything! Thank you!

Lyra Mayslee POV: 

Hi! I am Lyra Mayslee. I go to Goode High School. Today I am going over to my friend Percy's house. Yes, Percy Jackson. He is my friend. NOT boyfriend. I am not in love with him like any other girl. Especially that Madeline McZinith. Eww. 

"Hey Lyra!" Percy comes up next to me. I startle. 

"Oh! Hi Percy!" 

"Did you bring Attack of the Greek Myth's?" I pat my backpack. 

"It's in here." Did I mention Percy is a HUGE Greek Mythology Nut? When I told him I had the new Attack of the Greek Myth's video game he nearly fainted. After that, he ordered me to come over and bring the game. 

"Great! Let's go!" We hail a taxi and ride to 85th street and Park. (A/N I do not know Percy's real address!) Then, we take an elevator up to the 5th floor. Percy lets us in with a key. 

"I'M HOME!" Percy shouts. A pretty, blonde girl walks out. 

"Hi Seaweed Brain!" Percy gathers this girl up in a hug and kisses her. I clear my throat awkwardly. Percy doesn't notice but the girl does. 

"Umm... Perce?" She gestures to me. Percy puts the girl down. 

"OH! RIGHT! Lyra, this is my girlfriend Annabeth. Annabeth, this is my school friend Lyra." I make a T with my hands. 

"Time out. Percy, you have a girlfriend?!?!?!?!?!" Annabeth glares at Percy. 

"SEAWEED BRAIN! You didn't mention me?!?!?!?" Percy looks caught. 

"Umm...." I am intrigued by this new fact. 

"How long have you guys been together?" I ask. 

"About two years. But we have known each other for about six. We met at camp." Annabeth answers. Ahhh... camp. The one Percy goes to every summer. The one for only ADHD and dyslexia kids can go too. Which means Annabeth must be both. 

"So Percy Ready to play?" Percy nods excitedly. 

"May I play?" Annabeth asks. "Percy has been talking about this non-stop for days!" 

"Sure," I say. Why not? Annabeth seems like a nice person. Wait? For days? "Do you live here?"

"Yes. I go to school close by so this is convenient to stay here." She doesn't mention her family. 

"What about your parents?" I ask. Her face hardens. 

"They don't want me." Annabeth answers shortly. I decide that is a touchy subject and wisely move away. 

"Why don't we get started?" 

"OKAY!!!" Percy answer and leads us to the living room. Two minutes later we are all fighting the Minotaur. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Two hours later...

Sally is home and making up blue chocolate chip cookies. We are almost through all the levels. Only one more. FINALLY!

"YAS! TARTARUS LEVEL!!!!!" I shout. The screen goes dark and suddenly a huge spider jumps out of nowhere. Annabeth screams. I look over at her. Annabeth's face is pale and glazed with tears. Percy jumps up and shuts off the Wii. 

"MOM!" He shouts. Sally comes running and takes assessment of the situation and understands immediately. Annabeth starts to cry and scream.

"PERCY! NO! DON'T LEAVE! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME? BOB?" I am scared. Very scared. Percy starts to talk to Annabeth. 

"Annabeth, open your eyes. Open your pretty eyes. Come on."

"Percy, why don't you take Annabeth to your room?" Percy nods and picks up Annabeth like she weighs nothing. 

"Sally," My voice is shaking. "What was that?" Sally looks worried.

"Lyra," She says. "You don't need to worry. Annabeth and Percy have been through a lot and they suffer from PTSD. I think that it would be good if you left now." I nod, pack up my things and leave. I just never understood what triggered it.