Chapter 3

I eventually called the chief to explain who I was and what happened. That I was just doing my best to protect Jen and Jared. Their families needed to know they were being protected. That they were safe.

  We ended up staying the night. I found various sizes of leisure clothes for everyone to wear. I showed them to the bunks, but I stayed in the leisure area. I was paranoid someone would try to break in. I needed to be ready.

Around midnight I woke up to the door opening. The lights were out and all I could see was a dark figure. I snuck up behind it and grabbed it. I snaked my arm around the figure's neck. I put my gun to the figure's head and a shriek followed. The lights flickered on as Jen and Jared ran into the room. The figure was a woman.

  "Who are you?" I snarled.

  "It's me, Janet!" I quickly released her and holstered weapon. I had never actually met her before. I apologized and helped her up.

  "I'm guessing you're Rebel. The question is if I'm going to get a real name." She rubbed her neck, where my arm had previously been.

  "Emily Wolfe." She turned to Jen and Jared.

  "What about you guys?" She gestured to the pair. They introduced themselves.

  "So, How's Raven?" I asked. Janet sighed and grabbed a folder from her locker.

  "You might want to sit down." This made me anxious. The pair sat on either side of me.

 "The situation is better than it could have been," she handed me a paper form the folder, "Dr.Lyon wasn't just experimenting DNA changes, he was creating a weapon. He made her highly resilient." The paper had some biological jargon about stem cells that I couldn't understand, but that wasn't my concern. Raven had once told me how the government promised not to experiment on her DNA.

  "Where did you get this?" I didn't meet her eyes.  I just clenched my hands tighter, to the point there were imprints in my palms from my nails.

  "Relax puppy, the documents were seized in the raid that freed Raven. Original data. No need to rip me apart." I frowned at the nickname. I looked at her, eyebrow raised.

  "Your last name is Wolfe, I thought it would be funny. Anyway, she has a better chance at living, but there's still a chance...that she might not make it. If she does make it, once she's stable enough she will be moved here, until we can come up with a better plan." I gripped the paper. Jen put her hand on my shoulder.

  "You love her don't you?" I looked up at Janet, startled. I looked back down.

  "I-I don't know." Janet nodded and stood up.

  "We'll talk more later. I'm going to go get take out. Burgers good?" I nodded numbly. I hadn't really thought about love before. She was better than Marcus, that's for sure. She was nice to me. She cared so much.

  "Raven loves you, you know?" Jen spoke up. Jared nodded.

  "We've been encouraging her gay ass to make a move." Jared interjected. I gave a wry laugh.

  "I just realized everyone who had stepped foot in this room is part of the LGBT community." I said. Jen gave me a confused look.

  "Janet's a lesbian." I elaborated. Jared started laughing hard. I looked at him.

  "Why are you laughing so hard?" I asked.

  "We're like a diverse tv show!"
---------------------------------------------------------
Can anyone reccomend some good lesbian adventure stories? I'm getting plain romance and I'm not a big fan of that.