CHAPTER 14: START WORKING

♡ELIZABETH'S POV♡

I woke up by the sound of my alarm clock. I looked to my calendar and see what the date is today.

"Today is the day!" I shouted happily. I wore my waitress uniform, maybe, I want to call it, Maid Uniform. It's more like a maid uniform, anyway.

"Sisters! Tell Father that I'll start working now!" I yelled.

"Yeah, sure thing" Sis Margaret said.

"Good luck, Eli," Sister Veronica said.

"Yeah," I said and I started running. This will gonna be good. I arrived the cafe. There was still no costumers because it just opened. I entered the cafe.

"Elizabeth, good luck," the manager said and I nodded with a smile. The other waitresses are giving me a thumbs up.

Suddenly, costumers came in and I greeted them.

"Welcome," I said and vowed. Costumers are saying 'cute'. I started working...

"Miss!" A costumer called.

"Yes!" I said and ran towards the costumer.

"What do you want, miss?" I asked with a smile.

"Um, I want this ice coffee," she said and I wrote it down.

"You're order will be served in a minute" I said and vowed.

"Okay, thanks," she said and I tell the manager her order. The manager gave me her order to serve it to her. I walked towards her carefully. I almost tripped. But, I controlled it. I was so relieved.

"Here is your ice coffee," I said and gave her order. She thanked me. Boy, I was so nervous. I almost ruined my first day.

After a few hours, it's time for me to take a break. I was behind the counter when a waitress called me.

"Elizabeth, the costumer with a hood wants to order," she said.

"What? I'm taking a break. Why don't you take this person's order," I said.

"But, he wants you to take his order," she said.

"Fine," I said and walked towards the man with a hood.

"Um, sir, what's your order?" I asked politely with a smile.

"I want you..." a familiar voice said.

"But, I'm not on the menu and I'm not a food," I said. He suddenly took his hood off. It was a surprised...

"Hi, Elizabeth," Meliodas said

"M-Meliodas? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Visiting my girlfriend," he said with a smile, while me... blushing really hard.

"Oh," I said. Still there is a color to my face. I sat down in front of him on the chair.

"I am on a break," I said.

"Okay, so, how are you doing? Are you getting used to your job?" He asked. He really cares for me...

"I'm fine. Still, I'm not getting used to my job yet. I almost tripped," I said embarrassingly.

"That really sounds like you," he chuckled.

"Yeah, I know," I said and we laughed.

"Hey, I haven't seen your father since we were kids. Where is he, anyway?" He asked. My smile faded.

"He... is in his work. He just visits us once in a month," I said with a sad smile and Meliodas saw this.

"Sorry," he apologized. I shook my head still with my sad smile.