Chapter 1

Chapter 1

(Sophia P.O.V)

I was eight when they came to my house and killed my mother and father, they took me and my older brother away from the life we knew. My brother was just about to turn eighteen when they took us. His birthday was only a month away, and he was going to make the change into a werewolf..

Vampires are cruel heartless beings. They hunt werewolves for a sport, however, there was a young vampire going on his first hunt. The elders would take him to hunt werewolves, it was their tradition that every vampire would have to go through. If a vampire failed, they would be put in a room with a werewolf that belonged to the covenant and let the werewolves kill him because he was a failure.

I haven't seen my brother since the night they took us. I don't know if he is even still alive. We are slaves in their house and I have a chain around my neck and am forced to be the king’s daughter’s friend.

I'm now seventeen years old and I have no idea what the vampires are going to do to me when I turn eighteen and get my powers.

I have never left the master’s daughter’s room before for any reason, I think it's so I can't really see what goes on in the mansion. The daughters name is Emily and she has been the only person to come and see me.

Emily came into the room with a smile on her face, " come with me" she said. I was wondering why I was going to be leaving her room after all these years, but I wouldn't question her, I would do as I was told.

The first sight I got of the mansion was breathtaking. The mansion was huge and everything was so pretty and full of detail. We walked past a number of doors, then out of the blue came vampires dragging a young vampire into a room. The door was brown and old with black hinges and a rusty lock and handle.

Emily pulled me by the chain on the collar around my neck so I couldn't hear or see what was going on. It made me curious because they were dragging one of their own and she was so young.

Emily stopped me in front of two large doors that were white and were decorated with gold, even the handle was gold.

 When we entered the room I saw a large powerful vampire siting on a large chair, who was staring at me.

"You must be Sophia", the head vampire said.