Chapter 6

Chapter 6-

"Alexei it is nothing. It will heal. I am not full vampire so it will take some time." I said guiding his hands away from my face. He worried about me too much....more then he should. I mean I am not his girlfriend...and he doesn't really care...if he did then he would know exactly how I felt about him.

"Well you won't tell me what happened." He said his voice filled with frustration. If I told him it was newborn vampires he'd have a fit...but then again...he should know. He was full vampire. Maybe he'd know something.

"Vampires. Fresh batch." I growled angrily. His face went shocked and confused. His golden fiery amber eyes went dull.

"Vampires...? Thanatos?" He asked. Although I wasn't full vampire I knew some words the vampires spoke.It was ancient greek.'Thanatos' meaning Death Bringer. Young new vampires are called death bringers because they have no self control over their blood lust. Their aura is death everything about them is...death.

"Yes. One almost killed Josh. They are coming after us. More will come. We will get hurt and our pack will be destroyed. Do you have any idea who they are?"

"I rarely listen to my father speak." He said. It seemed whenever he talked about his family his russian accent became thicker and filled with hatred. He said his father was cold and rather...sinister towards werewolves. He talked about us as if we were abominations. I never hear my mother and father disgracing vampires. No werewolf ever did. Vampires just don't like us.

"I shall listen in tonight. A council meeting will be held. I should go. I want to catch them when they begin."

"K. I'm going to head back home."

"Let me come with you."

"It's a while walk." I warned.

"Full vampires are faster, Avy." He grinned flashing his fangs. My heart skipped around like a lost puppy finding food. I smiled for no reason and he scooped me up bridal style.

"I told you to start eating, Avy." He said as he zipped off with his incredible speed.

"You know how much I eat." I said. I looked as plants blurred by us.bI looked down and bile rose in my throat as the ground began to sway under us. I gasped and turned away hiding my face in his jacket. I clenched it taking fistfulls in.

"We're here." He whispered in my ear. His breath was as cold as ice making the blonde hair on the back of my neck stand up. I looked around and everything stayed in it's place.

"Thank you. That will never happen again." I said as he let me down. I turned and looked as his tall structure loomed over me staring at my house.

"Is something the matter?" I asked.

"Someone in your house senses me. They can tell a vampire is out here. I better go before you guys come after me."

"It's probably my mom. She has a strong nose."

"Okay well. I will call you once I hear something."

"Okay. Good night."

"Sleep tight Avy." He said before disappearing into the darkness of the forest.

I smiled to myself but it soon disappeared when I heard my mother calling.

"Yes, mother?" I asked emerging from the forest.

"Who were you with?"

"Uhmm...Max." I lied.

"Who is Max?"

"A-a...f-friend." I said shakily.

"Perhaps a boyfriend?" She leaned against the door frame. My mother was short. We were the same height.About five four five three. Meanwhile my dad was six foot something. As was Alexei.

Some said when me and my mom went out together we looked like sisters rather then mother and daughter.

"Maybe." I shrugged trying to get past.

"Avril, be honest with me. Is he a vampire?"

"Why do you ask?" I asked quickly.

"I smelt...something not human."

"So you assume he's a vampire?...Jeeze mom lighten up." I said laughing a fake laugh at the last part.

"Well what is he then? A fairy?" She said.

"He's human mom...at least...I think." I shrugged as I rested my hands on the staircase.

"Just becareful Avril. I can't lose you." She sighed worried as she walked into the kitchen.

"Don't worry mom." I whispered to myself as I walked into my room shutting the door quietly behind me.

Alexei's POV:

"Alexei is that you?" My mother asked as I shut the front door lightly.

"Yes." I said. I put my cologne bottle back into my jacket pocket. If I came home smelling like a werewolf my parents would be furious or scared that I was in some fight.although...I never thought Avril smelt bad. She always smelt...nice.

"Where were you dear?" She asked as I stepped into the kitchen she sat at the table looking at papers.

"I was out with a friend."

"Oh Alexander?" She asked.

"No, Avril."

"Who is this girl Avril you always spend time with? Is she your girlfriend?"

"No mom she's my friend." I sighed staring at blood packets in the fridge.

"Well I am just saying if she is your girlfriend I would like to meet her before you rush off into things."

"What things, mother? And besides she is a friend I have known her since grade school."

"Like marriage and children."

"I am eighteen." I said.I wasn't ready for a child...at least not yet.

"Alexei we have been over this. You are royalty. Vampire royalty. A heir is needed at a young age incase anything-Vampire lord forbid- happens to you. Your father and I were only twenty years old when we had you. Well I was nineteen and he just turned twenty. That's when he stopped growing.and that's when I stopped growing as well, and so will you and your children. It is a set age."

"Got it, mom." I said grabbing a blood packet. I ripped it open and drank it till nothing was left. I tossed it into the garbage and went towards the meeting room. I heard voices inside and I waited outside as I could hear ecause of my vampire hearing.

"We sent three! Three Thanatos!" Someone yelled.

"She killed two of them! They have her..." Another exclaimed. People yelled and thrashed about some 'she'...were they talking of Avril? Did my father send those Thanatos after her and her family?

"I know who they have. She wouldn't be here if my plan had worked. I had her mother before she was conceived. Even after she was gone people still came after them but they had extra family members come and protect the child. The child is powerful. She caresses gifts...strength fighting wisdom....battle strategies." I heard my father say. Out of everyone's frantic voice his was the calmest.

"What is this child's name? We can't go by on 'she' we need an actual name."

"She lives by a wretched family name." My father said with disgust.

"She is a descendant from two great Alpha families."

"Well what are they?" Someone said impatiently.

"Caledon and Danvers...Aubbrie Caledon is her mother...Kaleb danvers her father...avril Danvers...their daughter." My eyes nearly popped out of my head. I stumbled against the door.

"Who is there?" Someone asked. I quickly flashed into my room shutting the door.

Avril's family is the family...my family is enemies with...my best friend....I have to kill her.

The girl I may actually like...a lot...

I think...

She must die...

By my hand.