His Rainbow Colors

"Love was a feeling completely bound up with color, like thousands of rainbows superimposed one on top of the other."  Paulo Coelho

10. His Rainbow Colors (Dante)

"What do you think?" I questioned as I turned on my seat,  my eyes wandering towards the man behind me. "It's beautiful, Dante. You did a splendid job," Julian replied.

In front of us stood my painting easel and on its frame was the completed painting of Julian himself, the painting that I had left unfinished after our first passionate night. Others would wonder for sure why I finished this after such a long time. Although even I didn't know why. It just came to me but I paid no further attention to it because in one way or another, it did grant me the opportunity to spend time with him again. Julian spun on his heels and I noticed him put his dress shirt on.

"You're leaving already?" I asked, somehow silently hoping that he'll stay a little while longer with me. Honestly what was happening to me?

Julian frowned at me in confusion but still smiled softly,  "Well I am but if you want me to stay, then I'll stay." Upon his answer, my heart leaped in delight. The mere thought of me being with him for a longer time brought me unimaginable happiness. So, smiling at him in return, I responded, "Then please stay."

What should I do to keep him preoccupied? I concurred as I looked around the room in a chance to find something that could entertain him so he won't think of ending our time too soon. Then I remembered the painting equipment he bought for me as a surprise gift. Surely, this will be a perfect opportunity to put those things to good use.

"Do you want me to teach you how to paint?" I asked of him and his eyes widened.

"I don't know how to paint, Dante," he reasoned but instead of convincing me, it bode me promising chances to be closer to him more than I would do before. Besides, he taught me how to play the piano so I owe him conversely.

"I know that's why I'm going to teach you. Now come and sit here." I summoned him on my seat in eagerness.

He seemed hesitant for a moment but soon gave up trying to change my mind. I stood up before miming him to take the empty seat. I removed the used canvas from the easel frame before placing a clean one. I was getting excited, I knew as the beating sensation in my chest remained the same like it had been since we left the Town Square a week before.  It had been erratic especially when I waited for us to meet again. I couldn't point out if missing was an appropriate meaning to describe my feelings from the days I was not with him. He was everything I thought of and it was maddening me.

More so, even now, he was all I want to think of as my heart hammered in me in a ridiculous pace.

"You're going to let me use that?" my gorgeous lover Julian asked in incredulity as he sighted me holding the wooden craft case, I chuckled in response. "Of course, what else do you think?" I teased him in a charming way while I handed him the case as he sighed in defeat. He took it from my hold however he didn't open it right away. Instead he simply sat in front of me without a word slipping from his lips.

Sooner than later, he inquired, "What do I draw?" To which I found him too adorable.

He was so endearing for his own good. There I felt my heart raced ahead of me again but I dismissed it as I searched my mind for an idea, a simplest idea for him to picture in his thoughts and of course for him to paint easily.

"How about you draw an apple?" I said him to which his face fumed at, then he replied in half-hearted annoyance, "Are you perchance trying to embarrass me, Dante?"

"Do I? It's not like you can paint me shirtless too, Julian." I reasoned. He groaned as he tried to search himself for a better idea than drawing an apple but against better judgement, he can't think of any that can be drawn easily than that. I held back myself from laughing because it will upset him no doubt. To think I'll have my kind requite on him so soon, this will be what he gets for teaching me those children rhymes.