Chapter 1

Akshara's POV

I'm getting ready to go out. Every night when Jane calls lights out I sneak out through the back without getting caught. Jane Mathews is our caretaker a nasty old women with no happiness. Seriously she never smiles and hates us especially me. She hates me because I show too much attitude. But, mostly because I call her by her first name. I go to the back door when Khloe stops me. Khloe is a tall, annoying, and a pain in my ass. She thinks that she runs this place mostly because she needs a good referral from Mrs. Matthews so she can start living by herself. Since she is turning 17 in two months she meets the age requirement to start living my herself.

"Where do you think your going?"

"Out."

"No your not"

I step closer giving her a menacing stare, it's almost as if I could read her mind.

"Yes I am and your gonna let me"

"And why would I do anything like that?"

"Because, you feel bad for me, you feel bad because I was abandoned as a baby and left to fend for myself for all these years, while you..you had a life, you had a family, You ran away from mommy and daddy because they didn't understand you. Ha! give me a break. Whatever you did or whatever that happened you did it to yourself. I didn't ask for any of this"

She steps closer to me, I feel her hot breath on my neck

"Don't fucking test me little girl or I swea-"

"Huh? what are you gonna do? ruin your perfect record? you will be here for the rest of your damned life"

I smirk at her although she doesn't find his amusing at all.

"Go, Before I change my mind."

Me still smirking I walk outside I feel the cold air against my face as if I hadn't been outside in years, it sure felt that way. I usually just take a walk outside but lately I get bored of doing the same thing every night. I see a dude playing guitar and smoking cigarettes he looks oddly happy in his state. He's wearing a ripped shirt and his pants aren't doing that good either. Maybe he's happy because he's free, no one to tell him what to do, or what to say. A perfect life, one I was living until I got caught. I approach him slowly.

"Hey man let me get two"

"Aren't you a bit young?"

"Maybe"

"Kid, where are your parents"

"I don't know somewhere maybe.

"Here use my phone to call them"

"I can't I don't know where they are"

"What do you mean?"

"Bro, I was abandoned as a baby I live in an all girls home"

"Oh..I'm sorry"

God why does everyone keep saying that? does it look like I care about them? the answer is no, since they didn't want to care about me I'll return the favor.

"I'm not, now look are you gonna let me get one or no?"

"Fine"

He hands me a cigarette and a lighter. I light the cigarette up and we keep talking. he explains to me how he's not really homeless but he lives with his parents, his parents are practically begging for him to move out. I mean we can both relate on something both our parents don't want us. We said our farewells and I continued down trying to find some new adventure..or danger. I go inside a store with no intention of buying anything so I slip a pack of cigarettes, candy bars, and gum into my coat but when I walked outside the monitors started beeping I start running as fast as I can. I see people giving me confused looks but I don't care I just keep running and finally i'm home..well not home i'm finally back in jail.

A/N

Hey guys! the book is starting off at a slow pace but it gets better I promise. All the love.

Xx Aki