Chapter 7.

Beca was sat in English on Tuesday morning and was slouched in her chair as normal. Stacie on her left had been asking if she was okay all morning and Beca didn't want to let it slip what was on her mind, Beale. She had avoided eye contact with Chloe throughout the majority of the lesson, only speaking to her when addressed yet listening intently. The brunette still couldn't believe what had happened after the party, not only did the redhead let her stay in her apartment, but she invited her to stay for coffee in the morning and acted like there was nothing wrong. Of course this had only intensified the mad crush Beca had on her teacher, and highlighted the risks of the whole idea, Chloe could have gotten in massive trouble had anyone know what happened. Beca had managed to keep it to herself, even after Stacie's prying and Jesse's quirks of sarcasm, she kept her lips sealed, yet the strange behaviour around a certain Miss Beale couldn't go unnoticed by her friends, could it? Beca shook her head of the thoughts and focused back on the work, Miss Beale had focused their English lesson on simple analysis and questions that Beca knew how to work through due to the previous weeks tutoring. This got the brunette thinking again, did she do this on purpose so I wouldn't be struggling? Why is she so nice?!

"Beca, what on earth is wrong with you?" Stacie probed as the pair sat on the bench outside.
"What? Nothing's wrong Stacie, I don't know why you keep asking," Beca replied.
"Coz your acting different. Quieter and you know it, especially around Miss Beale... what, did she shoot you down already without you even trying?" Stacie teased with a laugh.
"That would require Mitchell to actually say something to the woman, and it looks to me like she is tongue-tied," Fat Amy chimed in as she came from behind the pair and dropped onto the bench.
"Shove off," Beca huffed with a scowl as he drew her knees up to her chest and rested her head on them. She saw red curls bouncing along as Miss Beale walked outside and let her eyes trail her as she sauntered along the pavement. For a simple second, their eyes met from across the campus and time seemed to slow for a while, before Beca ducked her head and averted her gaze once again, as she had been doing whenever the pairs eyes locked.
"I'm going," Beca turned to the group.
"Hold up, Math is next," Fat Amy piped as she hopped off the bench.
"You guys go ahead I need to chat to Jess about something," Stacie spoke as she turned to him, all but Stacie's faces were etched with confusion but they brushed it off and Fat Amy and Beca headed to Posen's class.

"Mitchell, you're early," Miss Posen spoke flatly as she sat in her chair and eyed the pair as they walked in.
"Sorry would you like me to leave and come back in late just so you have an excuse to shout at me," Beca huffed as she took a seat behind Fat Amy.
"Less of that, class hasn't even begun yet," the blonde warned as she stood and began writing on the board.
Beca thought back to her detention with Chloe and how she had guessed that Posen had been talking about her to the redhead, she decided to breach the subject,
"Hey Posen, am I a common topic between you and your friends?" the brunette challenged as she shot a sly smirk in Fat Amy's direction as the Australian furrowed her brow.
"What?" Miss Posen spun around, pen still in hand as she scowled.
"I hear you've been talking about me to a friend of yours, telling her false information and 'warning' her about me,"Beca smirked.
"I'm entitled to my own opinion of you Beca, and you are very aware of what that opinion is," the blonde drawled as she raised her brow at the brunette.
"All I'm asking is that you keep that opinion strictly to what it is, an opinion... and let others decide what they think of me," Beca shrugged as she sat down in her seat.
"I'll do my best," the teacher quipped with a tight smile, running out of arguments  as students began rolling in from their break and Fat Amy turned to Beca and offered her a fist bump.
"You won, shortstack," she laughed.
"You betcha," Beca broke into a wide smile as the lesson began.

~~~
"I actually managed it Dad," Beca yelled as she flopped down on the couch in her house.
"Managed what?" He asked as joined her on the couch.
"Managed to have, well I would say I had a go at her but I kind of did, but there was no shouting or sarcasm and I actually won," Beca laughed.
"Is this with who I think you mean,"
"You betcha,"
"Awesome, as long as it didn't land you in another detention," Beca's dad stood and walked to their kitchen.
"Nope, and the whole class was actually alright, it was almost as if we got on," Beca spoke in mock surprise as she laughed again.
"Good. Just so you know, you, your mom and I are all going to dinner tomorrow. I've been very busy on business the past couple of weeks so I want to do something for your mother."
"Sounds good," Beca nodded, "I have work to do so I'm gonna go up and do it in my room," she stood and slung her bag over her shoulder as she ran up he stairs and the soft thud of her door could be heard.

A/N:
Awful filler chapter, sorry! I got really stuck with this...