Bury Me Slowly

Prologue 

He was by far the most handsome man I have ever seen in my entire existence. His chiseled features, messed up chestnut brown hair, those hard, forest green eyes that seemed to see right through my very soul. His skin was smooth and cold as stone, his body perfectly formed. A Greek statue is what came to my mind when I thought of him. But, another thought crept into my mind; my fate rested in this one man's hands. One wrong move on my turn could be the end of my life. This one man may look like an angel, but he is far from it.

I was looking at the face of the devil.

One Week Earlier..

                “Kara! What’s the hurry? And where are we going?” I shouted to my best friend, Kara, as we ran down the quiet Bath streets.

                “The movies!” she shouted back.

                She stopped suddenly, making me run into her and ending with both of us sprawled out on the hard cement. After getting up, I asked, “Kara, what was that for?”

                “I-I don’t know what came over me. Or why we were going to the movies.” she muttered to the ground. She was looking at the ground for a few minutes until she raised her head  and found me looking at her skeptically.

                “Maybe we should go home.” I insisted.

                “Yeah, you’re right.” Our conversation ended there, making the short walk home very awkward.

                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Every family in our small town owned a car, but we all found it useless to drive around.  It is beautiful year round, with mildly warm summers and snowy, peaceful winters. The town is fairly small, with less than nine thousand residents in all. The high school I attended is Bath High School. I know, very original name. We hardly had any visitors in town, but that did not bother me in the least. Quiet. That was the word to describe Bath. Very quiet.

                I was walking home from Kara’s house when an unusual sight caught my attention; two moving trucks. They were in front of the house next door. I thought that house would never get sold I pondered to myself. My parents weren’t home yet from work so they wouldn’t know about our new neighbors. As I neared the new house, I couldn’t decide whether I should go introduce the new family to the neighborhood or just mind my own business and head on home. My curiosity getting the best of me, I made my way to the house next door. Almost to the front door, I tripped and fell on the sidewalk, my head thankfully landing on the grass.

                “Are you okay?” someone dropped whatever it is they were holding and rushed to help me. My eyes still closed, an unnaturally cold hand grabbed hold of my own and pulled me to my feet.

                “I asked, are you okay?” the same voice asked again, only this time sharper and more demanding.

                Opening my eyes, I see a pair of green orbs looking into my own blue eyes. I held back a gasp and nodded my head, yes. “Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks.”

                “Who are you?” green-eyed boy asked.

                “I’m Julianna Lowery. I live in the house next door and decided to welcome you guys to the neighborhood. May I ask who you are?” I replied.

                “Darren Ryder. My family and I just moved here from Boston.”

                “Ah. Do you, uh, need help with moving boxes?” I ask, feeling awkward just standing here while the moving men move boxes here and there.

                “Sure. And may I ask you a few questions while doing so?” Darren said, handing me a box.

                “It depends what questions you’re asking.”

                “What grade are you in?”

                “Tenth grade.”

                “Really? So am I.”

                “Are you going to Bath High?” I questioned him.

                “Yeah.”

                “That’s cool.”

                He asked a question this time, “Are you scared of monsters?”

                This question made me stop dead in my tracks. “Excuse me?”

                “Are you scared of monsters?” he repeated, this time slower like he was talking to a child.

                “Um, I guess not?” it was more of a question than an answer, but he didn’t care it seems.

                Darren smirked. “That’s good.”

                I didn’t know what to say to that so I kept silent and finished moving boxes until the sun started to set.

                “My parents are probably wondering where I am.” I said, breaking the silence that had been present for the past couple of hours.

                “Are you certain you must be leaving now? I have very much enjoyed your company, Miss Lowery.” He grabbed my arm, jerking me backwards into his chest. I felt his face on my hair as he inhaled deeply.

                “Please let me leave,” I whispered, trying to keep myself from trembling, “I have to go. You can come to my house tomorrow.”

                “I’m not letting you go.” He murmured, gripping me tighter as he wrapped his huge, pale bicep around my face. Killer instinct kicking in, I kicked him as hard as I could and bit his arm.

                “FUCK!” he screamed in pain as I ran away. Hearing footsteps behind me, I ran faster until I was in the safety of my home.

                What just happened? I thought to myself, breathing heavily. Feeling my phone vibrate, I pull it out of my pocket and see I have a text from an unknown number.

                This isn’t over. Sweet dreams, Julianna. -D

                “How did he get my number..?”

hahahaha suspense!! anyway, hello lovelies!!! i know i know, ANOTHER vampire story but i SWEAR ill write this one!!!! anyways, comment below and tell me what you think!!