XXXVII.

Another week passes, more or less in silence

Another week passes, more or less in silence. We've all moved on with my lives, although Sam has been visiting me a lot and talking to me on the phone. Alexander ... well, I haven't seen much of him, but when our paths did cross, he seemed awkward around me. Like he didn't know how to suddenly act.

He wasn't mean to me, didn't have any remarks. That bothered me. I don't want him to look at me differently now. Like I'm broken. Because I'm not. It would take far more to break me than just some guy who's a psycho.

Sam made me realise that. And for that, I'm really grateful.

Alfred and Rosalyn didn't know about what happened that night. I made Sam promise she wouldn't tell a soul about it and she agreed because she knew how it felt. She didn't pressure me.

So, my life went on completely normally. I had a great week, to think about it. I've been around Amelia a lot because Rosalyn and Alfred had a very busy week, but that didn't bother me in the slightest. She was real sunshine and she took my mind off things I didn't want to think about.

Sam also took me shopping one afternoon. And although our taste in clothes is totally different, I did buy some truly cute things for myself that even Sam approved of. It was nice. And I got to accommodate to the city a bit more.

Sam mentioned a bonfire she's going to tonight. She said that if I want to come, I'm welcome to, but she won't pressure me about it since she understands it might be uncomfortable for me to go.

She assured me that if I decided to go, she and Snake aren't leaving me from their sight. She also said that Alexander's going, too, and as long as he's near, he won't let anything happen to me.

I'm not so sure about that since I still don't know what to think about Alexander anymore, but I appreciated her words. They meant the world to me, which she probably didn't even realise.

It made me nervous to go out again, but on the other hand, I don't want to hide between four walls again. I came here to escape this and to live my life, not to damage it even more.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and send Sam a text.

That invitation to that bonfire thing ... it still stands?

Sam replies instantly.

Yes! Interested?

I smile and quickly type back a response.

Sure. :)

My phone vibrates with a text just a few seconds after I send her my response.

Sweet! Be ready at 7 x

I'm waiting for Sam exactly at 7 by the front door, nervous, but excited. I've never been to a bonfire before and I don't even know what's happening there and what the scene will be like. I'm sure there will be a lot of people, but I don't let it bother me too much.