Being Together

Sprawled out on beige fabric, a black and white American Akita sleeping peacefully on her lap, she watched the game taking place on the big flat screen television mounted on the red wall.

At the end of her, with her feet on his lap, sat a handsome actor with dark curls and piercing blue eyes. He was hunched forward, his eyes dancing from the game to his phone as his large thumbs tapped away at the screen with such haste. Every so often he'd look up to spy her watching the game and stroking the Akita's ear.

His blue eyes then fell to the blue Royal Marines hoodie that was two sizes to big on her and his lips instantly curved up into a beautiful smile. Certain that she was too focused on the game, Henry held up his phone to capture the woman laying on his couch with his dog sleeping soundly on her. He then texted his younger brother a simple, yet sweet message that read: 'She'll be a fine Mrs. Cavill someday'.

He then turned back to her and wondered exactly how he would follow through with this plan. He liked her, sure, but did she like him? And so he decided to enlist his little brother's help.

It didn't take long for the youngest to respond, and when he did, Henry placed a hand over his mouth to hide his smile. What a genius he had for a little brother.

"Move Kal," Henry commanded, turning toward the Akita and signaling for him to get down. Kal, just as fond of her as his father was, lifted his head and stared at Henry. She too, now stared at Henry with the same expression as the dog.

Avoiding her eyes, Henry looked back at Kal and nudged him to move. He stood up but turned to her to wait for her permission. This was his dog, yet she had full control of him. Perhaps it was because of this, Henry was confident she'd be his wife someday.

With a nod of her head and one last scratch behind his ear, Kal hopped down off the couch and laid exactly where he was once standing. Henry, now smiling, laid down in the spot Kal had once occupied, his head resting on her chest.

She said nothing as she looked down at the large man, one brow raised above her eye. Then a smile broke through and she slid her hand down his shirt, her nails gently scratching away at his back.

At first, her actions took the large man by surprise, but after a few seconds he nuzzled his face into her chest and growled contently.

She began to laugh, her other hand covering her mouth. "Really?" She asked him when he looked up at her. She stopped scratching his back, much to his disappointment, and rested her warm palm against his cool back.

"It feels good," he told her, his mouth slightly covered by the hoodie she swore. His hoodie.

"I will never understand why you men love the feeling of nails against your skin," she then said which made his smile instantly fade away.

Men? So she had done this for others? She must have noticed something was off because she then pulled her hand out from inside his shirt to lift his head so that he was peering into her eyes.

"Something wrong?" She was testing him, he could tell by the way she smiled at him knowingly.

"Nah," he replied while shaking his head free from her soft hands. "Continue scratching."

She nodded her head and slid her hand back down his shirt. Henry rested his head back down on her chest and reached down for his phone to send his brother another message, this time, one saying how he was convinced she was the one.

"(Y/N),"

"Hmm?" She hummed, her gaze fixed on the television while his was on his phone. She stopped the scratching and began rubbing his back.

Not sure how to ask her, he pressed his face into her chest again for a moment and then propped himself up to where he was hovering over her. She turned away from the tv, their eyes locking.

This only made matters worse, what was he going to ask now? Why were his words failing him? He could see she was searching his face for the slightest clue as to what was to come next.

Then, and he couldn't believe it himself, he leaned in and pressed his lips firmly against hers.

At first, she had been too stunned to respond and she could tell he was about to pull back, but then she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him closer to her. How many times had she stared at his lips wondering how they'd feel on hers or what they tasted like? Too many for her to count.

She deepened the kiss, her fingers now running through his silky curls. Henry lowered himself onto her, careful not to crush her entirely under his weight. With one hand, he slid it under her back and with the other, after he adjusted himself, he placed it on her hip, his thumb moving in a circular motion on her exposed flesh.

His tongue danced across her lips, demanding access into her mouth to explore. Her lips parted, allowing his tongue to enter and explore just about anywhere it desire to explore.

It wasn't until the need to breath became dire that they pulled apart. Blue staring into brown(or your eye color works too), their breathing ragged. Henry then broke out in a smile.

"I can't believe you just did that," she suddenly said, her own lips twisting into a smile as well. "I can't believe we just did that!"

Henry sat back, allowing her to sit up. "We can always do it again," he said with a mischievous grin.

Her smile faded, lips now pressing into a thin line that made her faint dimples visible. "I think I'll go get us lunch," she   moved to stand up causing Kal to immediately jump up.

"Hey," this time when he spoke, his smile was gone and serious Henry had surfaced. "Can we talk first?"

Sitting back down slowly, she nodded her head and said, "Sure."

"I've been thinking," he was now sitting forward, his feet planted firmly on the ground. She couldn't help but noticed he was looking a little nervous now as he twirled his thumbs.

"About?" She tucked her legs under her and leaned closer to him to play with one of his curls that didn't was to be tamed.

"About us," he looked up at her slightly.  She abandoned the curl to rest her hand on his broad shoulder. "Being together, possibly?"

She then rested his chin on her hand and inhaled his intoxicating scent while she processed what he was saying. "Are you saying you'd like to be with me?" She whispered since her lips were inches from his ear.

"Possibly?" Henry then placed his hand on her leg and rethought what he had just said. "No, I'd most certainly love for us to be together."

"Okay," she then said as a smile tugged at her lips. "Okay," she repeated as she lifted her head off his shoulder to fully look at him. "If this is what you want, and you are sure of it, then we can be more than just friends."

"Is this what you want?" He had to be certain.

"It is," she replied softly with a smile as she gazed into his eyes lovingly. "I like you, Henry."

"I like you too, (Y/N)."