The Birds of Prey: Nightwing (Batman Fan-fic)

Prologue

It was foolish of me to think that he could still love me after what happened but I've been wrong before. 

Trapped in a motionless dimension, I had my future planned for me. Set in stone. It was inevitable that I could escape this future as there was no other path I could go. Not freely anyway. Someone would have to lead me, guide my way and push me in the right direction and I think I have found that one person. 

I sat motionless pointed towards the vast open window watching outside intently at the menacing statuesque buildings that merged into the deep set sky of Gotham city. Something caught my eye, someone was standing on top of a building standing tall and graceful on top of one of the gargoyles. My heart raced as I saw something that I had never expected. 

He fell.

 First going limp then plunged into the darkness and was engulfed by it and my eyes were unable to see where he fell to.My hands groped at the glass my heart was beating sporadically as I clutched at the window pane. My breath came out ragged and seeped out over the window making it cloudy and even more difficult to see the one whom I love. 

Something sounded behind me, something high pitched and unpleasant. Someone was laughing. It got closer to me and I wanted to turn but I couldn't as I was imprisoned to my chair. Something touched my shoulder then it tugged on my fiery locks. Pain sprinted through my head and throbbed unpleasantly and I fell to the floor. I was dazed. Unable to get up, stars glazed over the top of my eyes. Something picked me up roughly and dropped me out of the window. 

I fell just as he fell. I lay beside where he fell. I died where he died. 

Nightwing.