Early/ Finale Part Three

Dedicated to sociaIcxsuaIty

With all the letters sealed and in my pocket, the pocket zipped, I lay my head on the desk and bury my head in the crook of my arm, crying. I don't want to go. A loud sob escapes my lips, though I don't mean it to. A knocking comes at my door.

"Kehlani? Are you okay?" Sam's voice drifts through. He's home?! Another sob. The door handle jingles. "Kehlani, let me in!" He says, his tone worried. I get up and move the chair, and the door bursts open. He sighs in relief when he sees me. "What's wro- Oh? Hey, hey, it's okay." he says, his arms winding around me. I bury my face in his neck and cry. "Shh.." he drawls out, comfortingly.

After a few minutes, I calm down, and pull back, wiping the tears.

"Sorry." I say. He shakes his head.

"It's alright. What's wrong?" he asks. I smile sadly at him.

"I was just thinking about Ayla." I lie easily. He nods.

"Well, I'm going to go change and head to school. See you in a bit." He says. I nod and he walks away. I walk out of the room, and into Charlotte's room. She sits on the bed, holding a Barbie and a Ken doll in each hand. She smiles at me, and I close the door behind me.

"You didn't leave?" She whispers brightly, a smile forming.

"Can we talk?" I ask. She nods, her smile faltering and places the Barbie down.

"Sure, sissy!" She says. I sit next to her. She plays with her necklace.

"Okay. I know you can't really read this, but I need you to do something. When Sam comes home from school, I need you to give him this letter," I say, handing her Sam's. "And this one is for you. but you can not, and I mean do not tell anyone to read it until Sammy comes home, okay?" I ask, and she nods, taking the letters. "I need you to hide them." I whisper. She puts them in her pillowcase quickly. I smile.

"Now, I need to tell you something." I say, tears springing my eyes, and my voice cracking. "You are the best little sister in the whole world. I would never ask for anyone else. Your the best. Your beautiful, and you have an amazing soul, and don't let anyone ever tell you different, my little princess." I say, kissing her head. Tears fall again. "I'm going to miss you lots." I say. "I love you, Charlotte." I say, giving her a big hug. Her arms winding around my neck.

"I love you too." She whispers, her voice cracking too, crying though she doesn't understand yet. Just crying for me. I'm so glad I've gotten to experience this. This love. She pulls away, and I wipe a tear away from her cheek and stand. I don't want to say goodbye. I don't want this to be the last time I see Charlotte. I hug her he more time.

"And don't ever forget it." I whisper in her ear before pulling myself away, walking out quickly and looking back one more time, before shutting the door behind me. I walk to my room, change and then go to my closet. I pull the little box from the bottom of the closet corner and open it.

I take the mini hand gun and stick it in my boot.

A bad feeling is coursing through me.

.
.
.
It's all about to go down.
.
.

Lunchtime. I'm drowning in misery, and so is Ryder. I'm trying so hard not to cry. Ryder rode with me this morning, and while I was writing my letters, he had put his own bags in my backseat too. I left the note for Dad at his office. I had made sure it was left on his desk. He doesn't start his daily job of being Sheriff until about 4:00, and by then me and Ryder will already be gone.

I watch as Sam affectionately kisses Laney's cheek, and her loving gaze to him. Any other day I'd tell them to stop, but I don't have the heart, knowing just how that feels.

Suddenly the room falls silent.

Everyone stares at me.

Cold metal touches the back of my head, and I jump in surprise. I don't turn, feeling horrified. I take in shaky breaths, and look around the table. Sam's eyes are widened, he looks as if he's about to throw up. Ryder looks horrified, his entire face drained of color. Laney's mouth opens. Everyone else as wide eyes.

My mask breaks, my desperation and hatred visible.

"We're going home, Princess." Andrew's voice says behind me.

"You're a day early. Now everyone knows what you are. What a stupid mistake." I say. I look at Ryder and take in quick and rapid breaths. My bottom lips trembles. He's about to say something, until I mouth the word 'no.' Why would Andrew do this? This is reckless, stupid, and everything he goes against.

"I don't care. Get up." He says. I stand slowly.

"Why do you have a gun to my head?" I ask, turning slowly to face him. He has an angered expression, it's written all over his features. He takes a few steps back, making me relieved.

"I don't know, why do you have four bags in the back of your car? Going somewhere?" He asks. My mouth opens slightly. I notice Ryder to the corner of my sight fidget.

"Uh.. You know where?" I try, but yet again it comes out as a question. His eyes twitches.

"Stop lying to me!" He shouts. He gets in my face. "Your coming with me, and I'm going to make you forget everything, and then we're gonna have mind-blowing sex on my couch." he says, a lot quieter. Ryder's eye twitches.

"And your okay with that?" I ask.

"What." He demands.

"The fact that I will never be able to think of you like that? Not at this point. I'll always be thinking of someone else. The guy that I have fallen in love so hard for, I may as well be jumping off of a cliff. I may even scream the wrong name, who knows? He's a lot better than you at sex, trust me." I say sarcastically, feeling cold.

Big mistake.

His eye twitches. His breathing becomes heavy.

"And what name would you be calling out?" He asks slowly. I tilt my head back, spinning my neck in circles.

"Rydeeeerrr Flynn." I say, stretching it out. I see Sam look at Ryder with a bewildered expression.

I giggle.

Then, it all happens.

I bend down, grabbing the gun from my boot and stepping in front of Ryder to keep him safe, pointing the gun at Andrew. He takes another step back, his eyes wide.

"You wouldn't shoot me." He says, a cocky smirk rising on his face.

"Try me." I say. His eye twitches. "I can't.. I can't believe I listened to you all those years ago, when you said you were helping me.. You were just helping yourself." I spit. His smirk dies.

"Kehlani Stevenson. If I can't have you, no one can." He says. I see his finger pull down, so I do too, shooting without hesitation like I should have done all those years ago.

It hits him in the neck, and he takes a step back, just like I do, and falls to the ground. I don't.

Her body falls in front of me, and I scream.

"No! No! NO! GOD DAMMIT, WHY?!" I screech, dropping beside her and collecting her in my arms. "No, no, no." I say. Her eyes are still open. Sirens can be heard, students screaming. I can't believe she just took the bullet for me.

"Kehlani." She says, blood escaping her mouth. "R-rememb-ber. I-I said I w-wouldn't give u-up on you." She says, blood trickling out of her mouth. The doors burst open, and doctors instantly pull her away from me.

"KYLIE!"

I screech her name until I can't screech anymore.

.
----------------

:-)

Unexpected?

I think so.

ONE CHAPTER LEFT! OMG! Well, plus the epilogue.

I'm screaming.

I LOVE YOU!

XoXo

-Elisia