His Proposal - 116

Jai's POV

Waking up to the birds chirping outside my room makes me smile, as I know it's going to be a beautiful day today. There's a number of reasons why it's going to be a beautiful day. 1. I'm marrying my beautiful fiancé, 2. The sun is shining and 3. Everyone I love will be at the same place at the same time.

It's been a long time since that's happened.

I have cousins that have been living in Spain and London. They told me they were coming to the States to see me marry Chloe.

Savannah my older cousin said. "I never thought I'd hear you talk about getting married, less sending out invites."

I told her that my fiancé was the one that did that and she probably got the addresses from Mom.

Since, the engagement, Mom has helped Chloe organise the wedding. Even if we weren't in the same state, Mom was still working on everything. She would email Chloe and she would tell Mom if she liked it or not.

Chloe came across a church when she was driving around and she liked the church we were going to. She told me that it faces the beach and it would be the perfect place to get photos taken before going to the hall close to the beach for the reception.

It was an hour drive away from the city to get to the coastal town.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Two limos pull into the driveway and I grab my jacket before I make my way down the stairs to my family. I look at everyone in the room. "I want Nate, Jeremy and Ace to travel with me to the church. Everyone else you have the other limo or you can drive."

"Do you know where we're going?" Savannah asks.

I pull the wedding invitation from my top pocket. "Newport beach."

She shakes her head. "You couldn't remember the name of the place without looking at the invite. Is that why you're carrying it around?"

She caught me.

The reason why I can't remember the name of the place is because beautiful fiancé was sitting in my lap entwining our fingers together and all I could concentrate on was how hard she was making me. Eventually, I couldn't take it anymore and I kissed her and the conversation was forgotten.

Fingers are snapping in my face. "Jai?"

I look at my cousin. "What?"

"I called you like six times and you didn't respond. I was getting worried."

"I was thinking about my fiancé."

Savannah touches my arm. "I'm truly happy for you, Jai. I hope she's not a complete bitch like the other girls you've dated."

Nate walks over to her. "Do not say that about my sister again. She's a down to earth person and she thinks of others before herself. She's one of a kind and I'm lucky to call her my big sister." He looks around the room. "I'm sure, Veronica and Ricky would love to hear you say that about her."

Mom looks at our group. "What wouldn't I like?"

"Nothing," Savannah says too quickly.

Mom crosses her arms. "Before we leave someone needs to tell me what's going on?"

Savannah walks over to Mom and she whispers what she said.

Mom's nostrils begin to flare and her fists are closed. She looks at me and takes a deep breath. "I get why you said it. You thought she was after Jai's money?"