Big News

Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is.

Disclaimer: this is the second to last chapter for this story aside from the epilogue that I will be writing. I am sad to see this story come to an end, but I think it's starting to wrap itself up. So, in turn, I am putting this one to rest. I have plenty of other stories that I would love for y'all to read. Also, sometime in the future, I might make a sequel based on one of their kids, but we'll see what the writing gods give me.

"So, Tom, Cadence, it's been a year since you got married, and I will say it was an amazing wedding. What are your plans now, and what can you tell us about what you're working on?" Ellen asked with a huge smile.

"We've decided that since there has been kind of a break for me with regards to stressful movies that cause me to have to fly a lot and live out of hotels, that we can try and have our first baby." Cadence smiled joyfully as she told Ellen and her audience what was in store for their family.

"Are you serious?" Ellen exclaimed with an even broader smile, excited for her friends.

"Yes, very serious! We did a lot of traveling last year, and Cadence has taken some time off to work on her book and a new album that she is helping Ramai produce. It is a perfect time, and the news is even more exciting because we actually are expecting!" Tom smiled joyfully.

"That's what my crew was hiding from me in today's pictures!" Ellen exclaimed as the ultrasound came up on the screen

"I'm three months, and we're actually expecting twins!" Cadence grinned from ear to ear, excited to become a mom.

"Have you thought of names for them?" Ellen asked with a smile that wasn't fading away because she had been around the couple a lot and knew they wanted to start a family.

"Not yet, we want to find out the sexes before we try and decide on their names," Tom replied with a broad smile.

"So, did I hear that you're supposed to be getting your own show, Tom?" Ellen asked with a smirk.

"I am! We're very excited about it! Cadence actually wrote the script for most of the episodes, and I have to say it is amazing!" Tom smiled, putting his arm around Cadence's shoulders.

"What can you tell us about it?" Ellen asked curiously, knowing how talented Cade was at writing.

"The show idea is that this former British Intelligence officer has moved to LA to work for the LAPD. He gets thrown into a case involving a missing woman on his first day. Tom's character falls in love with her, the more he learns about her, and the longer he spends on the case," Cadence grinned, sounding excited about the show herself.

 Tom's character falls in love with her, the more he learns about her, and the longer he spends on the case," Cadence grinned, sounding excited about the show herself