THEODOSIA'S GOODBYE

((SOME NOTES BEFORE YOU READ:
This is a tribute to Aaron Burr on his birthday, which is February 6th, which is today. This is set in modern times since the fictionalized modern setting is more flexible than in actual history, since Theodosia JR. actual died before her father. This does deal with death and extreme depression/greif, so you have been warned. You can also consider this a little bit of a vent chapter on my part, since I'm sort of struggling in real life at the moment. Anyway, most of the stuff in this I is supported by Wikipedia. Look up "Theodosia Burr" and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, Hamilton fans, enjoy! And happy 181st birthday, vice president Aaron Burr!))

Theodosia got that feeling again. A feeling that would never go away.

Even as she spent the day, planning and rehearsing her plans for a dramatically appropriate pirate party for a small group of eight-year olds, that feeling still nagged her; scratching the very back of her neck that she couldn't seem to reach.

Theodosia played with a golden necklace around her neck. As a party-planner in the ever busy New Jersey, she knew she couldn't visit him, not now especially. She couldn't risk losing this job in this age's competitive market. Well, it wasn't competitive per say... it was actually sorta slow. Which was exactly the problem.

Somehow, this kid's birthday was more real than this forgien,  resurrected icth.

So, she waited on and on for the child's party to begin, and the icth swelled. She pushed it away with a twist of guilt- she shouldn't forget him - but she had no choice. Why this  matter was bothering her today, she wasn't sure.

Then, she did do the unthinkable. She did forget about the itch. It lost it's allure and sway as the day wore and crawled on it's last leg, the issue too untouchable and fragile to consider. When it did tickle the edge of her mind, she shoved it away instinctively, knowing it would just crumble in her shaking hands.

Only, the longing returned, when she was piled into her car and cruising down a unfamiliar street. Her phone buzzed inches from her hand. Clicking involuntarily, she offered a breif glance to the screen:

JOSEPH

"Hey there." He answered, his words pouring onto her, milky sweet. She double-checked to make speaker was on. "How's the work going?"

"Joseph..." Theodosia cautioned, a giggle rising in her throat.

"Alright, alright; but I mean it. How are you doing, Theo?" He inquired before adding a amused but not  unkind pause.

Theodosia kept her eyes on the road and also kept her reply simple. "I'm fine."

"You sure?" A long heart-beat passed. Theodosia noted his concern with some of her own. Her digits somehow found her chain necklace and started to fiddle with it again.

"Did something happen...?" She let the question hang in the air like a cocked gun.

"Huh? No. I don't think so." Joseph's sigh came short and hurried. "Tell me how that kid's party went."

"Joseph Alston. I know you don't care about my line of work. I mean, your always stuck in South Carolina with your career-" She uttered firmly and carefully.

Joseph coughed. "Okay. I get it. I'm sorry, Theo. I just... thought you knew." Theodosia got the distinct impression that he was lying on the last part. She slowed her car down as the light switched to red.

"It's just that... Theo." She could practically hear the crinkle of his smile. "I'm always here for you, alright?"

"Just tell me." Her eyes now didn't leave the phone- determined and scanning, as if it would bring answers.