Chapter 2 - A Blossoming Friendship

Amber's POV:

Kakashi and I walked the busy streets of Konoha silently. There were young children playing ninja on the streets, store clerks shouting out their great deals, and women laughing while they picked flowers in the fields.

I spotted a girl no older than 5, chasing a butterfly. She tripped, and just when I was about to rush over, two adults came running to her side. The couple picked up the child, and walked on hand in hand.

I began to wonder what it felt like to have a mother and a father who cared, and loved you. One that would do anything to keep you from getting hurt, instead of inflicting pain upon you.

"Amber?" The sound of Kakashi's voice snapped me back to reality.

I hadn't realized I had stopped walking 'till now. It was strange. I hadn't thought about what it would be like to have parents for years. Apparently my appearance hadn't been the only thing that changed when I fell into the Naruto world.

"Apologies," I said, and began to walk again.

Kakashi dropped me off in front of the academy. Before he left, he turned to me, and spoke briefly. "I will pick you up here after classes. Okay?"

I nodded, and he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

I made my way inside, and only then realized I did not know my way around. Heaving a big sigh, I began to search every room. Whether it was fortunate or not, I stumbled into a classroom of a lower grade, where I got directions to my homeroom class.

I took a glance at the clock in the hallway, and saw I was already 10 minutes late. I finally reached my classroom door, and I could hear laughter on the other side. As I slid the door open, the laughter faded, and all eyes turned to me.

My brows knitted together when I saw Naruto at the front of the room, tied up and sprawled on the ground. I sweat dropped, as I sighed.

When I looked up, I found most of the boys staring in my direction. There were cartoon hearts beating in each and every one, and some even drooled. 'Wonderful. A class of pervs,' I thought.

"Ah, Amber. I hear you will be joining us for class." Iruka-sensei gave me a big grin. He was someone I could never forget. "Although, I don't know how well you'll do during testing."

I only nodded to acknowledge him. I took my seat on the floor by the window, at the front of the room. Iruka-sensei looked at me, puzzled.

"Wouldn't you like to sit at a desk with the others?" he inquired.

I looked him in the eye, and with a low-toned voice, I said, "The floor is fine."

I then turned away.

I saw Iruka-sensei swallow from the corner of my eye, but ignored it. Naruto was seated beside me, still tied up, and pouting.

"Would you care for some assistance?" I asked quietly.

He turned to me, with his blue eyes wide. "Really? Wow, thanks!"

He shouted his appreciation a little too loudly, and everyone turned and stared in our direction as I cut him loose with a kunai.

The ropes fell from his sides, and he smiled at me. I couldn't help but gently smile back. I was finally meeting the one who saved me from falling. The one who kept me alive. I was meeting the boy of my salvation.

"Seeing as you missed our little practice, Naruto, everyone will review the Transformation Justu!" Iruka-sensei yelled, sounding a bit cross.

I watched as, one by one, the students transformed. Meanwhile, I was reading up on the technique and figuring out how to do it on my own.