Part 11

The next day at work, I trundled to my desk and plopped down with a heavy sigh. My hair was straight and frizzy with the humidity. My clothes wrinkled and dirty. Dark bags under my eyes to match my dark eyes. My coworkers either looked concerned or disgusted. At the point, I was leaning towards disgusted. My hands violently grabbed the drawing pad in front of me as I started to scribble, and scribble. I didn't know what I was drawing all I knew is that the ultimate rage that was tied through my arms, laced between each muscle was finally disappearing. I sighed an lent back in my chair. It was a rose. Why a rose, all of a sudden? I didn't question, crumpled it up in a ball and tossed to the furthest corner of my desk. Word had gotten around that once BTS went to the AMAS, I would have to spend more time with them. Comebacks were a bigger deal, their status in America had to become a bigger thing, everything was spiking for them and I had to monitor it. Lately, I've been less of a designer and more like an manager. Obviously, watching them more and more would come with bonuses in the form of payment and I really couldn't complain about that. I started gathering my things, essential items like notepads and pencils of different densities. Even though, I just sat down, I was already sent home to pack for the upcoming trip. This could be a turning point for the group and I was a crucial member of the operation . I couldn't miss out. Could I?

-short time skip-

I dressed my comfiest clothes that didn't look ragged. I knew that American ARMYS would be waiting at the terminal and I didn't want to deal with paparazzi calling me lazy at our first US debut. I got into the black van with BTS as it departed for the airport. Let's just say you could cut the tension with a knife. Silence the whole way, the only noise that could be heard was from Jin's earbuds as he shard music with me. As we got off, the screams of hundreds of anxious girls erupted into the air.

"Min Yoongi!" A handful cried out.
"Kim Seokji-WHO IS THAT!" I knew they were angrily gawking at me but I really couldn't care. This was a business obligation and I'd be damned if they blew it out of proportion before we even lifted off Korean soil. I felt a hand swiftly place on my back, driving me through security and eventually down the terminal. I could guess who it was just by the looming figure that cast a showdown a few feet in front of me. Even though we were on bitter terms, I can't help but to admit I was happy. We waited to board with a large security detail almost trapping us in a circle of safety. Screams got louder and louder as the figure wrapped an arm protectively around my waist.

"I know they don't like you. I want to make sure you're safe." A husky low voice crackled in my ear. A secret smile grew from behind the skin, my cheeks blossoming with colour. I just nodded. Time ticked away and before I could blink, Namjoon was stepping confidently on to the plane, arm still tightly secured around my torso. I wouldn't dare tell him to let go, those words wouldn't leave my throat. I sat down towards the window, giving plenty of room to Namjoon to stretch his long legs.

"April." A giddy voice cried from behind me.

"Yes, Hoseok?"

"We're going to America, aren't we?"

"Yes we are Hobi, yes we are." With J-Hope's friendly nickname, I felt an arm tighten even more. I smirked. This was going to be an interesting trip. I laced Namjoon's fingers with mine, linking the loop around my body. His thumb gently glided over my hand, content was the feeling. As we left the tarmac, I felt as if the bad feelings and grudges were left on it. Good. That's good.