8.

I'm gonna start introducing characters and going through the story from their p.o.v so the next few chapters might be short.Hope that's okay.

Comment what phone u have(color,model etc)

Genie's pov

This is all a fairtytale.I don't like Luke.Luke doesn't like me.We just met.Nothing is happening.Im barely sixteen and I would rather die than let someone touch me inappropriately.

"Genie"Launa closed the door and slid down on it.

"What's up?"I asked,doodling on a blank piece of paper.

It's Saturday.All the masters are out doing errands.Vincent is watching us and Luis the security guard is roaming the floors.

"It's my aunt.Im worried about her,worrying about me.I hope she's okay."

I half smiled.My mom couldn't care less.All she does is work.She hardly notices if I'm there.I don't think she noticed yet.

"Sure she is,Laun.I heard you're good at English.Want to help me with this essay?"I asked,taking out a folder from my desk.

"Uh not really."She said,doubtfully.

"I hate that you do that.You are so amazing  and yet you continue to be insecure.I don't know."

Launa sat next to me and rested her head in the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry-"

"Why do you keep saying sorry?You're just being yourself."

Launa sighed."Genie,Im scared.For myself.I think so much and I've decided to end my life when I finish college."

I laughed."Stop joking."

"I'm serious.After college,I'm going to be alone and I can't handle that so I'm not going to."

"Easy way out, huh?"I asked,playing with her fingers.

She smiled,before moving her fingers.

"You know,situations only become awkward when you make them.By mentioning it or doing something like that."

"Socially awkward,that's what they call me."Launa sang.

I laughed.

"Genie...Asher might get me out of here.I asked him if you and Chassidy can come with."she whispered.

"Really?Thats great.When are we leaving?"I asked,getting excited.

"I'm not sure.Asher said it could take a while before he figures out the new system they put in place.Every ten weeks they change it because they know that someone is letting the girls out early.Asher showed me the bruise on his arm after Jermeel interrogated him.He really cares,I think.Why go through all this trouble yknow?But what if it's a lie?I have hope but I'm scared to be hopeful."

I nodded."I understand.Having hope is a scary thing to do."

"Genie?I brought food."Luke opened the door.He had on a muscle tee and ripped jeans.He was gorgeous honestly.I couldn't help myself.

"Thanks."I smiled,getting up to grab it.

"Wait a minute.Where's my hug?"He asked,smirking.

I pouted.He knows I hate physical contact.

Launa looked stunned,in the corner.

"Come on Genie.Dont make the food get cold.Its apple sauce and apple pie and all the things apple I could find.Please babygirl?"He had his arms open.

Launa silently giggled to herself.

"First off,don't call me that.And two,I'm not hugging you.Three,did you get apple juice?"I asked,peeking into the bag.

"Uh uh.No looking."He lifted up my chin.Launa quietly sneaked out,smiling on her way.

"Don't"I backed away.

"You wanna be Bryson Tiller so bad.I just want a hug.Thats all."Luke shrugged.

"I-I'm sorry Luke.I don't feel comfortable."I admitted,taking the bag away from him.

"Okay.Ill stop pushing.One day,you will let me and I will make sure you get everything you've ever dreamed of."He whispered in my ear before slipping out of my room.

:) do u guys like Luke?
Vote and comment bbs