Chapter ~ 13

Quinn

I watched in horror as the wolf stood in front of me, baring his teeth at my attackers.

I couldn't believe I had been so stupid, what was I thinking! How thoughtless was I to think that situations like this don't occur in real life? I was still feeling the effects of the drugs that – that Max dude must have drugged me with at the bar. How was I to know that even werewolves weren't immune to date-rape drugs? I could barely think straight by the time he dragged me out. My body felt like jelly and there was no way in hell I would have been able to fight off even Max, let alone the three other guys he threw me to once he pulled me down this side street. The first few hits, I could take but even as a wolf I was outnumbered, the drugs stopped me from shifting and numbed my ability to defend myself. So the next thing I was aware of was opening my eyes to the cold damp concrete I was now laying on. My body numb, apart from the stabbing pain in my abdomen.

Everything was shifting, moving making me feel sick. I think I was hallucinating too because I saw a wolf savaging my attackers. I could vaguely see Max on the other side of the small street. In fact, I could see three of him, and he had blood all over his side. I shut my eyes after that, my eyesight was fucked up and I felt nauseous.

I opened my eyes back up when I heard a low growl coming from in front of me. I immediately felt a sense of vulnerability so much greater than I felt with my human attackers. – The human attack was like rainfall compared to what the wolf was capable of. Even though my drugged up state I knew I was in danger. This was one hell of an angry wolf.

I tried to find feelings in my arms and legs, and eventually, I was able to push myself a few feet back until my back was pressed against the wall, but I knew that wouldn't be enough to stop the wolf from attacking me. My mind was overwhelmed by screams. I wanted to cover my ears with my hands. I had to make the cries go away, but I couldn't. I tried to focus on the wolf, I didn't recognize him. Shit, what if he's a rouge? I shivered in fear. It would make sense for a rouge to target vulnerable wolves. They have no loyalties to a pack, they have nothing to stop them from creating their own fun, and many find that in fighting others – granted I wouldn't be that much of a fun fight, but I doubt that would stop this wolf.

I didn't know how long I watched the wolf brutally attack the men who were once attacking me, but eventually, the time came when the cries came to a stop. I cringed further into the wall, my arms finding their way to cover my face, - waiting for the wolf to attack me.

A small whimper managed to escape my lips as I heard the wolf come closer to me once again.

"Please don't hurt me!" I managed to plead as I pressed my back into the wall.

Nothing happened and the wolf didn't seem to move, but I didn't open my eyes just in case.

To my utter embarrassment, I cried as I felt the wolf nozzle my neck. My back went ridged, waiting for the wolf to bite me.

He nudged me slightly, but apart from that did nothing. I started to tremble in fear, and I hated myself for it because there was nothing I wanted to do more than to put up a fight, but I just couldn't.

Suddenly the presences of the wolf left and after a few seconds of internal debate, I decided to risk opening my eyes, only to lose my breath completely.

In front of me stood a naked man... My naked man.

"Ethan?" I managed to choke out as he fell to his knees in front of me.

-

There was silence as we stared at each other – my eyes nearly popping out of their sockets. That... That wolf was E...Ethan? My heart continued to race as I looked back over to see the unconscious bodies lying on the floor. He did this?

My mouth opened to say something –anything but nothing came out. I didn't know what to say. Every thought I had were racing across my mind too fast for me to comprehend. What was he doing here? Had he followed me?... HAD HE SEEN ME VISIT A GAY BAR?! I managed to shiver at that thought. I was so stupid to visit that place. I wasn't ready – nor old enough! I certainly hadn't been able to handle myself in there...Why did I even go there in the first place?! I wondered hopelessly to myself as I tried to recall from my foggy mind just why the hell I'd made the stupid idea of coming here.

I was upset – Upset at him. Was I still upset at him?

I shook that thought away as soon as it came. I couldn't focus on that now. Why did he come? Why did he 'save me?' He practically told me back that day at school, that he wasn't sure of his feelings for me. Did he even realize we're mates? ... Did he find out?! Would that explain why he was here now? No, that can't be true. 

Every thought froze as Ethan reached out and stroked his fingers across my cheek.

"Does it hurt?"

I gaped at him, as the shocks ran across my skin.

"W...What?" I finally managed to get out.

He didn't answer me at first. His eyes instead strayed from mine to follow his fingers, as they trailed down to my lips. I winced slightly as it stung, my suspicion's where confirmed as he brought his hand away allowing me to see the blood which now coated his figures.

"N...No" I stuttered.

"Now is not the time to lie to me, baby." He murmured, his eyes turning soft as he pushed some of my hair away from my forehead.

What's going on? W...Why is he acting like this? And D...Did he seriously just call me...

I felt my cheeks burn red as that registered in my head. He – Ethan Staten called me baby? Before I could stop myself a small smile stretched across my face only causing me to wince in pain. 

...And just like that, he shattered the little bit of hope I'd gained as his touch left me. His eyes going wide as he pulled away as if realizing what he'd just said. His eyes were slightly wide and his mouth opened and closed as he tried to figure out what to say. I didn't want him to say anything. – I didn't want him to further crush my hopes by brushing it off and saying something like 'I didn't mean anything.'

"I...I'm not l...Lying. It doesn't hurt. I don't need your help" I set my jaw tight hoping it would make him forget and drop it. I didn't want him to know just how much my whole body ached like a bitch, and the constant stabbing pain in my abdomen made me want to howl out in pain.

Of course, though he didn't drop it. His eyes went hard and his hands clenched at his sides.

"Now is not the time for another argument Quinn." He sighed

I glared at him, my forehead creasing in determination as I reached out to push myself up.

When I caught a sturdy grip on the floor, I tried to pull myself up but a  sharp pain jolted across my ribs, causing me to hiss in agony and my arms gave  way. I was bracing myself to smack my head back into the concrete floor. Instead, though I felt arms grab hold of the back of my neck, stopping the full force of the impact.

I gritted my teeth, unable to re-open my eyes as dizziness overwhelmed my head.

"Q...Quinn!" I could only vaguely hear Ethan's voice, and I started to panic. What was going to happen to me?! I opened my eyes to be confronted by three heads. I lifted up my hand and without thinking grabbed hold of Ethan's hand, I'd never felt so vulnerable. I was normally strong – in control, but something was stopping me from healing... I shouldn't be like this, I should be healing... but I could feel nothing even beginning to heal... and I certainly shouldn't be on the verge of blacking out just from getting beaten up.

"What's going on?" Ethan's voice was panicked, and at any other time I would have registered that and smiled in achievement. – He did care. But I didn't, because I couldn't concentrate on anything apart from blacking out.

"Fu...ck...in wer...wolf fa...gs." I couldn't hear. I COULDN'T HEAR! What was going on with me?!

Please Vote, Comment and Follow me :D