Chapter 13 - Confrontation

A/N: Early update, people! I'm not sure when I'll be able to update the next. Anyway, enjoy reading, everyone!

- saphire

----

Ashley's POV

After that night, which happened about two weeks ago, everything went on smoothly... if smoothly meant girls started picking on me physically and I couldn't do worth shit because I was never one to hurt girls, then yeah.

"Watch it, fag." A girl I seriously don't know who she is, but she's actually getting on my nerves, said. Just a bit more, Ash. Don't snap. I chanted in my mind as I went past her. Like I said, I'm not a violent person and I dislike fighting, but when caught in a corner and when my patience is tested, then forgive me.

I heard snickers from behind me and then I felt a kick on my back, making me stumble but I caught my balance. "What a loser." The girl from before said with a snort. Gods, this girl is really pushing my buttons really hard. And I don't even know her!

You can endure it, Ash. She isn't worth it and there's a few more months til you graduate. Lengthen your patience, Ash. Gods, lengthen your patience!

I internally screamed to myself when I felt my hands shake. Gods, it's so fucking hard to practice self restraint! Especially when there's a bitch who kept on pushing the wrong buttons of mine. Damn it all!

I just gave her a bored look when I turned back to face her and her companions before rolling my eyes and walked away, ignoring her calls for me to come back. Bitch, I'm doing you a favor for leaving. Don't really test my patience.

I rounded a corner and saw Levi walking towards me. He's actually quite a great guy. If I'm not pretending (and falling) to be in a relationship with Dustin, Levi would really be an ideal boyfriend of mine. He has the quality I want in a guy. The total opposite of what I have now.

"Hey, Levi!" I greeted and Levi gave me a smile and stopped in front of me. "Hello, Ashley. How are you?" He asked politely and I snorted at that. "Dude, we just saw each other yesterday. And please, don't be too formal with me. I'm not used to it." I explained and Levi just smiled and nodded in agreement.

"So, where are you going?" I asked him, looking around because people were staring at us, some of which were openly glaring at me. What's their problem? Ugh. People really are complex humans. They're confusing as fuck!

"Oh, I'm on break. I was on my way to the library to kill time." I frowned at him, confused when he said he's going to the library, because the library is on the opposite side of where he's going. "Library? But the library is in the opposite direction." I pointed to his back and he followed the gesture.

He returned his gaze to me and smiled nervously, scratching the back of his neck. I narrowed my eyes at his reaction and waited for him to explain why he was lying to my face (though I don't have the right to feel like this when I'm doing the same to my friends. I am such a hypocrite).

"Oh, well... you see..." A shove had cut Levi off and I gasped when he hit the wall rather harshly. I snapped my gaze to the person who did it and it narrowed into slits when I saw Dustin glaring at the guy who was wincing in pain. "You are such an asshole, Reggins!" I exclaimed and went to Levi's aid, ignoring the glare Reggins was openly giving us.

"Are you gonna be okay?" I asked Levi in worry. He just gave me a nod and a smile. We both snapped our heads to our front when we heard a low growl. I was yanked away from Levi and was held in a tight embrace by Dustin, whose heart was beating frantically inside his chest. I looked up at his face and saw that he was still glaring at Levi.