Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Frigga didn't want to go to Jotunhiem  but she had to.
Thor wanted to go to jotunhiem and couldn't.
And Odin was thinking about laufeys son that he'd let laufey keep a thousand years ago. If laufey brought up the fact that Odin had met his son then there would no doubt be issues. Everyone on Asgard would want t o know why the king never mentioned that the most dangerous realm in Yggdrasil had an heir.
In short, no one was thrilled about this meeting. Nevertheless, it had to happen.
Odin had finished preparing things to go and was waiting for frigga to join him in the observatory. He was only waiting for a few minutes before she arrived. She was dressed for the cold weather but she didn't look happy about it.
"You won't reconsider my proposal?" She asked when she got to where Odin was. The day before she had half jokingly suggested that she use a charm on their son Thor to make him look like her so that he could go in her place. That way thor gets to go, she gets to stay, and laufey doesn't know the difference. But of course, Odin had to refuse it.
"It's only four days frigga, I think we will both survive four days" he said. She just sighed in irritation, but said nothing more about it. Odin gave Heimdall, the gate keeper, a quick nod. Heimdall opened the bifrost, the bridge that connected the nine realms, and sent the king and queen to Jotunhiem .
As soon as they arrived they were greeted by a few of Laufey's men. They had agreed on a location for where Odin and frigga would come so that Laufey could have men there to bring them to the palace. For some reason he didn't want them sent to the palace directly. Odin didn't understand that but he didn't question it.
"You are Odin and frigga" one of them stated, but it was clearly a question.
"Yes of course, Laufey is expecting us" Odin said.
"Yes. Follow us and we'll bring you to the palace. He's been waiting for you." The guard said monotonously as they turned and started to lead Odin and frigga to the palace. Thankfully the place where Heimdall dropped them off wasn't too far from the palace, but still, it wasn't a very pleasant walk.
The air was cold as they expected, and the realm as a whole was so dark. Jotunhiem was so far away from any kind of star or sun (hence the cold) that the lightest that it ever was would look like about six in the evening during winter on earth. There was never any form of sunlight or warmth on this world, it was dark and cold during the day and darker and colder during the night. The frost Giants where used to it and liked it, but the Asgardians were not as fond of it.
Odin and frigga were brought to the palace and led to the throne room.
"The king will be with you shortly, he is... taking care of something at the moment" one of the guards said. Frigga could see slight amusement in his face when he said 'something'
"We can take your things to the room we've prepared for you if you'd like to wait here" he offered, but he said it in a way that made it sound more like a command for them to stay here until Laufey comes.
"Thank you. It would be appreciated" frigga said back. The guards all nodded and took their things to the rooms they'd be staying in. One of the guards however, went to get Laufey. As you may have guessed, Laufey was with his son having quite a bit of fun. When the guard came into the cell where they were, Laufey's son was chained up on the ground. He was laying on his back (which was raw from previous beatings that day) and his arms and legs were spread out and chained to the floor. There wasn't a real point in chaining him up that way, but it stopped him from curling up or guarding himself in any way, and it made him as vulnerable and open to injury as possible, which was a position Laufey very much enjoyed putting his son into.
When the guard came in Laufey was leaning over his son with his back to the guard, all the guard could see was the tools of torture Laufey was using that were now on the ground around him, and the look of pain in the young frost Giants face. He wasn't allowed to scream, but the slight whimpers and the looks on his face could now give away how much pain he was in. Right now a normal person would have been begging for mercy, but all Laufey's son was able to do was sit there and swallow his screams. His face was contorted so that it looked like he should be wailing and howling in pain, and whatever Laufey was doing to him had to have been pretty bad because he wasn't able  swallow all the sounds. He kept groaning and whimpering in pain, and the times he wasn't groaning he was holding his breath, every time he took a  quick breath though he'd groan and would have to bite his lip and hold his breath again to avoid making more noise.
"Sir, the Asgardians are here" the guard said, Laufey turned to him and looked slightly annoyed.
"Lucky for you, runt" he said to his son as he stood up. The guard could then see that the sons chest was decorated with cuts and burns and gashes that were oozing blood.  Laufey had been burning his sons skin until it was slimy and peeling, then scraped off the burned flesh with a razor sharp knife, exposing raw new layers of skin. The sons entire body was coated with dried blood and grime, but the area on his chest where Laufey had been working was covered in fresh blood and open raw skin.
"Just leave him there. I'll finish later" Laufey said casually as he left the dungeon. The guard smirked at laufeys son who was begging to be released just with the look on his face.
"Try to get some sleep" the guard said mockingly as he closed the door. As soon as the door was closed the sons screams filled the halls. Once he was alone he was allowed to scream, so as soon as the door shut he stopped trying to hold it back.
Laufey went up to the throne room where Odin and frigga were. No one would have any idea that he'd just been torturing his own son.
"My apologies, I was fixing up a few last things for your stay" he said. Frost Giants were always aggressive and gruff, but Laufey was actually able to make them think he was being polite.
"Quite alright" Odin said "were glad you let us come this year, hopefully we can restore some peace between the realms" he added. Laufey looked annoyed by the mere idea of it, but he didn't say that.
"We can discuss that more tomorrow, perhaps over dinner. But it's late now, you two should go get settled" he said. "Besides, my queen will want to hear anything we have to say and she has already retired for the evening" he told them.
"Of course, we don't need to start with business right away. We can discuss things tomorrow" Odin said.
"I'll have my men escort you to your room for the night" laufey offered. Right away two guards came over to Odin and frigga and walked them to the room that had been prepared for them. They went inside and got settled down and tried to make the room comfortable for themselves. They had no idea that the room had been prepared by one weak abused young man, and they certainly had no idea that that same young man was still being beaten and tortured a few floors below them.