2. Run away

Words: 1452

Green eyes. They're as green as the woods.

I inhale and a sweet smell that embraces my senses. Pinewood and vanilla. Yum. Mate?! My wolf howls on the inside of me. Mate? But I haven't turned  eighteen yet. How?

I look at his face and I immediately recognize that it's Logan. The Alphas son. My mate is an Alpha! I take a step towards him, expecting him to do the same. But no. He does the opposite and takes a step back.

"Father? Can you excuse me and Octavia for a second?" He asks his father and he nods. Octavia? Wtf?! He doesn't even know my freakin name!

Logan walks towards me, grabbing me arm and I feel sparks go up my arm. He leads me outside. He closes the door behind us and turns to look at me.

"This must be a mistake" he mumbles quietly to himself. Mistake?

"You can't be my mate. You're to fat, ugly, disgusting. I could write a whole list!"

I could feel how my wolf whimpers on the inside of me. I feel how tears makes there way down my cheeks. I have never felt this hurt before. I don't even care about him! I don't even want a mate, but it still hurts like hell.

"I, Logan Carter, soon to be Alpha of the Skylar pack, reject you, Olivia Jorgenssen to be my mate and Luna of this pack" he says to me and I look him straight in the eyes, not an emotion can be seen.

As soon as those words slip through his lips, my heart shatter into a billion pieces. It feels like half of my soul has been ripped away from me. My wolf shut herself off when he rejected me. I can't feel anything. My tears have stopped running down my checks. There are no tears left. Nothing.

I do the only thing I can think of. I run. I run out of the pack house. I keep on running until I get to my house and run straight to my room ignoring my family's yelling voices behind me.

I close the door behind me and locks it. I grab my black backpack and shove some clothes in it and closes it. I hear several footsteps making their way up the stairs. I sniff the air and I can smell my brothers on the other side of the door.

"Olivia? Something wrong?" My oldest brother Carter asks worried through the door. I open my window quietly sticking one foot out of it.

"Um no... I just have a bad headache" I answer him now sitting one the edge of the window.

"Okey... Well if you need anything just ask. We'll be downstairs" he responds and I can hear their footsteps fading.

I look back down at the ground and then I jump. I land on my feet and I stand up looking around. I reach for my bag and place it on dusty ground. I zip it open and takes out a pencil and a paper. Then I let my hand move on it's own for a while and then the paper is full of words. These words explain why I'm leaving. I thrown my bag over my back and then I start running towards the Alphas house. 

***********'

I slip the paper under the door and stand up again. I turn around and start to walk towards the dark forest. I'm about to take the last step into the forest, but something stops me. It feels like somebody is watching me. I turn around and look at the big house behind me. I look up at the second floor and there he stands staring right at me. I'm about to look away when I see somebody move up behind him.

Gwen. The ginger red haired packslut is now standing behind him with her arms around his torso. He turns his body towards her and kisses her on the lips. She moves her hands to his hair and her fingers are soon entangled in his brown hair. His muscular arms are around her waist and they are now in a heated makeout sesion. Yuk.

They really do deserv each other. I mean he's a manwhore and a player and she's a slut who is trying to get the position as the packs Luna. What a couple.

They separate from each other and she moves away from him. He turns his head towards me and smirks at me. I'm not going to let him think that I actually care. I smile pack at him and gives him a thumb up, encouraging him. His smirk fades away and a frown makes it's way to his face. He shakes his head and turns around and walks back to her. I turn around and keep on walking and soon I'm running.

*************

I've been running for only ten minutes before I feel a sharp pain in my heart. I colapse on the dirty ground and clutches me chest in pain. I let out a little yelp and cluches my chest harder. What is happening to me?!

"He is" my wolf answers me.

"HE!?" a scream back at her in our mindlink.

"Our mate, he's doing it with Gwen right now" She says to me in a stone cold voice.

"But how could he?" I ask her and I can see how she gives me a angry look.

"Why can't you get it! He doesn't want us!" she yells at me.

I lay in the dirt for a while until the pain has stopped. I raise to my feet and brush of the dirt on my clothes. I starts to walk again, just to be consumed by pain again. I grab the tree to my right in an attempt to steady myself.

"Isa! He's doing it again" I yell to my wolf.

"No he isn't. You're turning for the first time" she answers me.

When you meet your mate or when you turn eighteen you'll turn into a wolf for the first time. But you're not supposed to go through it alone. You're mate is supposed to help you and calm you. Not fuck some other chic while you lie in the dark woods. What a mate right? Note the sarcasm.

I hear bones craking and I fall to the ground in pain. I close my eyes trying to control the pain but I don't succeed. I let out a high scream and roll over on my back. I can feel how my entire body is transforming into a wolf.

After a while when that pain has stopped I let out a small sigh. That was the most painfull thing I have ever done. I try to stand up on my feet, but I fall down on the ground again. I shift my gaze down to my feet and I immediatly yelp from what I'm seeing. Four legs with midnight black fur.

I try to stand up again and this time I succeed.

Hey!

Isa?

Yeah! Isn't this cool?!

It is, but the pain was horrible.

I know, but hey! Let's find a lake so that we can see what we looks like!

I couldn't agree more on that. I let Isa take control for a while and she starts to run. I take in a deep breath and millions of smells embraces me on the same time. Soggy ground, wet leaves, smells from flowers, water and so much more.

If this is what it feels like to be running in werewolf form, I'm going to run as much as I can. Isa slows down our speed and I notice that we are now standing infront of a lake. I take a step forward so that I'm standing on the edge of the lake. I rotate my head so I'm now looking down at my own reflectation.

Midnight black. That's the color of my wolf. I turn my head to the side and see that I have a small dot of white fur behind my left ear. I look closer on it and sees that it isn't a dot it's a half moon. Weird...

I search my wolf for any other white dots or symbols, but that was the only one. I continue to look at my wolf and I look into my own eyes. Silver eyes. Shit. I blink one time and look again and now that my eyes are ocean blue.

Just before I'm going to go back and get my backpack I hear bushes moving behind me. I quickly turn around and search the bushes with my eyes. Nothing. It's quiet again.

"Finally!" I hear masculine voice yell and a turn my head to the left and my eyes locks with a pair of silver ones.

Silver eyes.

**************