8

"This is good." Braelin said as she arrived at Dinah's place, Normani and Mo were seated on one of the white leather couches while Dinah sat on the other.

"This is what we needed, people will really believe you're dating now." Braelin said setting her purse on Dinah's ottoman and going to her fridge.

This isn't what Normani wanted. That kiss, it was real, at least for her it was. She didn't want it to be seen as just publicity, she actually wanted Dinah, but was now the right time to pursue her. And had she forgiven her yet?

"I guess you're right" Dinah spoke up. "I just think that we shouldn't-"

"IM HEREEEE" Dinah was cut off by the obnoxious slam of the door and loud yelling by none other than Lauren Jauregui. Said girl stopped in her tracks, her eyes bulging out of their sockets when she realized Dinah wasn't alone.

"Oh....my bad." Lauren said slowly re-opening and closing the door to take back the slam she'd given it a few seconds ago. "I thought dj was alone, didn't know she had that many friends that weren't me and Ally." Lauren said while she walked around Dinah and to the beautiful chocolate women set on the couch. "Normani right? I'm Lauren, Dinah's best friend, nice to meet you." she said with a devious smirk which half intimidated Normani and half interested her.

"Hi I'm- well. You already know who I am I see." Normani spoke up briefly eyeing Dinah. "It's nice to meet you." She thought a second before extending her hand out to Lauren who turned away from it and joined Braelin in the kitchen. "Yeah you too." Lauren called out.

"Alrighty then" Normani said under her breath. She'd never experienced someone who not only had to assure who she was, but someone who didn't seem the least bit interested in meeting her. "Anyway, what's our next event?" Dinah asked to alleviate the awkwardness that she actually found hilarious. Lauren knew Normani had hurt Dinah, so courtesy is one thing she wouldn't be giving to Normani. Dinah's question was serious thought, she still hadn't gotten the schedule of the shows that they'd be attending together and she was growing impatient. The sooner this was over with the better.

"I don't know. I think we have the cat walk at the Chicago Excellence Expo." Normani threw out, unsure if that was indeed the right event. She knew it was coming up, but she wasn't sure if there were any events between.

"Well I'll see you there I guess." Dinah said getting up from her sofa and walking upstairs to shower. It was getting rather late and frankly, Dinah was tired of Normani being in her presence. "Mo, do me a favor and take her home!"

-

Dinah wasn't much of a drinker, but after the shit she'd been through, a few cups of Hennessy couldn't hurt. She danced in her own home, swaying her hips to the sound of Selena Gomez blasting through her speakers. The lights were dim and the balcony windows were open, letting in the cool breeze. Dinah's speakers were loud, the music echoing throughout the house.

"We fell for each other at the wrong time

Only for a moment but I don't mind

Guess I don't know where to draw the line the line the line

We're playing the same game every night."

Dinah grabbed the shorter girl's waist, pulling her in so close that their bodies warmed up eachother. They were now swaying their hips together. Giggling at the sight of one another.

Dinah felt intoxicated, figuratively and literally. She could barely see the girl in front of her, everything was a blur and the darkness wasn't helping, but one thing that was clear was the sound of music filling her ears.