ch 1 A Long Flight

Katina and Hayley's Filght Outfits on the side! :) 

Hayley’s POV

I walked out the door and stopped in my tracks as I turned around. I couldn’t believe I was leaving, I looked at my house, all the memories rushing back and flashing through my head. Me posing by the front door on the first day of school each year, where I had my first kiss, and where I met my best friend, Katina. I would be leaving it all behind, well except for Katina, she was moving with us to…England!

We have been bestfriends since we were 13 but when her parents divorced, she was forced to stay with her mother, and was not allowed to hang out with me anymore. Then her mum got remarried and Katina’s step-dad didn’t want her around. So Katina being Katina told her mum to choose between her and her step-dad.

Sadly, her mum chose her step-dad. When my parents heard, they immediately offered to take her in. My mum was a second mum to Katina so it was a good arrangement since she didn’t have to move towns or leave school. Sometimes people would mistake us for sisters, but we didn’t mind, we were as close as sisters, (and we fought like sisters as well sometimes!) Now we were leaving our home inAustraliaand heading toLondon, in Ye oldeEngland!

Katina’s POV

I finished packing the last bag into the back of our car, Mary approached me as I closed the boot. “Sweetheart, have you seen Hayley? Could you please go find her, we really need to go, I’ll wait in the car.” “Sure!” I turned around and walked inside our now old house. It looked so empty… I looked towards the big window doors that led to the balcony.

I saw Hayley standing there, so I carefully opened the door and chuckled to myself as I noticed that she still had no idea I was there. “I’m gonna miss this,” I said, breaking the silence and announcing my presence. “Yeah me too… I’m gonna miss everyone and everything!” By saying that she reminded me of a lot of things… some not so good, but all spent here. I looked at the horizon, seeing the beach and the summer breeze surrounding me and moving my hair. “I don’t think they have beaches like this over there…”

I heard her laugh. It’ll be even harder for her to be away from the beach, it was her second home, I love it too but Hayley just… I dunno, she is at peace when she’s on her board in the waves. “Do you think it’s gonna be that bad?” she whispered. “Well, I don’t know… but I bet you $10 it’s gonna be full of old people drinking tea 24/7!” We burst out laughing, “deal!” We exclaimed and did our handshake then we heard someone’s footsteps come closer. “There you are girls, c’mon we’ll miss the plane!” Mary fussed us into the car. Once we started driving it was goodbye house and life as we knew it and hello England! I knew what the hardest part would be… school, we had to do our last year there.

Hayley’s POV

Once we arrived at the airport we checked in our luggage and found our gate. Pretty soon we were boarding. “Dibs on the window seat” I said to Katina. Once we had found our seats a voice came over the speakers, “Please put all carry-ons in the overhead compartments or under the seat in front and fasten your seat-belts.” Here we go…

*5 hours later/still on plane*

I was dozing in my seat listening to music after finishing two movies, when I felt my headphones being removed. “Pssst.” A finger poked my cheek. “Oi.” “Hayleeeey, HAYLEY WAKE UP!” I opened my eyes and am greeted by Katina’s face inches from mine. “Ungghh.” I moan, “what the fudge Katina?!” “what, hungry already?” “No just didn’t wanna say the f word.” “What, fuc-“ I covered her mouth with my hand.