Memories in the festival of Love and Hope

Chapter 4
Standing alone after Yuffie took interest of a near by game that mentioned a special price being materia, Bluerose watched as couples danced like fish in a transparent tank. Admiring the laughter, joy, and fun all the couples seemed to be having. She just didn't really understand why they had to be only lovers.

It was as if an unspoken rule was being established as other interested dance partners wanted to join but felt unwelcome. She would go herself but she didn't know how, also she was scared of asking someone.

"Seems like some are wanting to fill in the empty spaces"

Her wonder was cut short when a large silhouette stood beside her. No sense of fear but familiarity and stillness. Still watching the couples dance she wasn't sure if this man was talking to her. So she went ahead and glances to the side only to see the front of a man's chest.

"Sometimes you just need to give fate a chance and grab onto the first opportunity that goes your way."

A hand was then placed out in front of her, where her mind felt read and she couldn't help herself but take the hand that was extended and then followed limb to who it belonged to. Meeting a gaze she was least expecting.

Eyes she swore held a storm of danger, and hair that reminded her of violent waters. Blue felt her soul become stiff as a board and a bit pressured, like the feeling of a giant tidal wave was about to overcome your fate.
"Oh sorry...I'm not really good at dancing. I don't really know what I was thinking."

His face came down to her level, looking deeper into her gaze that expressed desire and hesitation. She had the eyes of wanting to do it, and that was all he needed for confirmation. Her body allowed the silver head to guide her towards the dance floor, with her heart rushing ahead, but her mind telling her to run away.

As they walked further into the crowd, Blue realized it was too late. The music seems to numb her ears to where she couldn't sense any connection to the beat. Everyone seemed to know what they were doing and here she is with a complete stranger.

She would move and flinch every time a couple passes by, using the man who pulled her as a shield. Like a cat trying to avoid water, she definitely stood out from the crowd.
"Wait there's something I should mention..I...I have back problems. When someone touches my back it hurts really bad! Im sorry...I didn't know what I was thinking."

At the perfect moment, a parting of the crowed was made for her escape. Her eyes were starting to fill up with some warm tears from anxiety, it felt scary to be here so she quickly started to move in that direction.

Except for the moment of escape was terminated when she felt his hand on her arm to stop her.

Pulling her hand to rest on his shoulder like a support bar and having her stand side by side with her body out in the open like a wing, facing the opposite side of him.

Her other arm was free to relax and his hands was lightly wrapped around her waist, safe from ever touching her back.
"Now Always start with your left foot. And keep that in mind...Now step backwards."

Blue steps with her left foot back, feeling the tug of his hand that felt abnormally large and guiding her to step forward. She's making small steps and realizing he's doing the same.

"Now that you got the basic pattern, just follow my lead. The position we are in should avoid you from stepping on my feet, and you tripping on your skirt."

The quick and simple lesson seemed to good to be true. Her mind was racing but remembered to always step back with her left foot. At first they were hopping small steps, then they swayed a little more, and then all of a sudden, they were gliding their way around the crowds.