Good Morning

Chapter 1

 Emily’s  P.O.V

 BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. I walk into my room from my step in closet to turn off my alarm.  I’d woken up to my internal alarm ( it’s become a habit to wake up early) at 5 o’clock, about 2 hours before my real alarm was supposed to ring to wake me up for school.

I guess you can’t just change something you’ve done for a long time, like they say, old habits die hard. I even tried sleeping late but I still woke up early, so I guess I’ll have to ease out of this habit of mine slowly.

 I have an year long break, well, not really a break because I’ve got a lot of work to do at home but I can have the high school experience I’ve always wanted, so I can break that habit then. I’ll be doing my senior year of high school, even if I don’t have to. I’m almost eighteen (my birthday is in a few months) and I never really got the chance to be a teenager.

For the past hour and a half I had been doing paperwork. I didn’t want to waste the time so I used it to be a bit ahead of schedule. I walk back into my closet, which is the size of a room all in itself after I turned my flat screen TV off. I had just taken a quick shower, listened to the news and then stepped into my closet when the alarm had rung at 6:50

Now I stepped out again with the outfit I was going to wear to school in my hand and I put it down on my bed so I can pick out a pair of shoes and some jewellery. This is the first time in a long time that I’ll be wearing normal clothes so I’m looking forward to it.

After getting dressed I stepped in front of my mirror to see my complete appearance. My slightly longer than shoulder length blond hair that had some aqua blue streaks was now in a pony tail, I didn’t have any makeup on because I'm sick of it.

My aqua blue necklace, earrings, and bracelets matched my eyes perfectly. I had on a cute little lacy white top with a black skirt that ended just a few inches above the knee.  I also wore some black and blue converse shoes that ended just an inch or two under the knees. I was satisfied with what I looked like so I got ready to go.

I grabbed my book bag, which contained my laptop, day planner, Ipad, (not that I was going to use the electronics in front of anybody) all the other things I need for my work, my books, pencil case, my wallet and a change of clothes. I also grabbed my car keys.

I bought a new car that normal middle class families would buy so I wouldn’t have to bring my really expensive European car that would show how rich I was. I didn’t want to be treated differently because of my money and if they found out who I am, it would be worse so I decided to act like I was from a middle class family like them.

I had dyed my hair black and wore green contact lenses with quite a lot of makeup in the past to make me look way older than my normal age but now it was back to my original blond curls and blue eyes and I had no makeup on so the few people who knew me wouldn’t really recognize me.

The only person who would recognize me no matter what would be the closest thing I had to a father, my uncle Marcus, my dad’s younger brother, who had raised me since the end of my elementary school years, 5 years ago, when I was 12 years old and had to be home schooled due to some problems.

So now I was able to go back to school because I did some begging, ok a lot of begging, it took a long time for him to say yes. It took me the whole time I had been home schooled and even while I was working to convince him, which took about 5 years.

Yeah I know it’s a lot of time but what can I do, he’s as stubborn as me and part of why he didn’t agree right away is because I don’t really need to go to school but as I mentioned before I want the high school experience.