chapter six

It was safe to say I had an intense crush on Renesmee Cullen. The girl who on my first day of school at a brand new school told me she liked my hair and let me sit with her at lunch. The girl who gave me her number and let me get to know her over the following weeks. Her hair was a strange bronze color, falling down in ringlet curls, and she had the prettiest chocolate brown eyes I had ever seen. I was head over heels. I didn't know it was possible to fall so hard and so fast. Surely i was dreaming.

"Want to do something this weekend? You can come over to my house if you want," Renesmee asked as we sat in the library. I balked, feeling my heart beginning to pound at the thought of going over to her house. We had been friends for almost a month already, the time both flying, and passing the slowest I had ever experienced.

"That sounds fun, sure," I smiled with a small shrug, trying to seem casual. Inside I was racing, and the small smirk on her face made me feel as if she knew.

"I'll pick you up after school, it's slightly impossible to find the turnoff," she laughed. I had always wondered where her family lived, as it was a large one. I had found out that Carlisle worked at the hospital, and that his wife took great care for them. They were a young couple, but they were the best parents a person could have.

"Glad to see your house for once," I smiled with these words, earning one from the goddess in front of me.

I couldn't help but watch her drive behind me. It was slightly dangerous how often I looked back to see her, but I couldn't help it as my heart raced as we neared my house.

"I can't believe you're going to their house," Farley complained from beside me, not even noticing my distraction, too involved in her phone. I was glad she was too absorbed in the piece of tech, I still wasn't happy with her. She continued on her warpath, trying to destroy my happiness.

"Farley Grace, can't you just get over me being friends with them already?" I sighed, giving up on making her understand. For a fifteen year old, she was more annoying than most. How and why was I related to her?

"Alec Jane, they're weird," was all she stated as we finally parked in the driveway. Renesmee parked directly behind me as Farley got out with a huff and practically running to the door as I got out and grabbed my bag from the backseat. I walked up to Renesmee's car, asking if she wanted to come inside while I got some stuff. She agreed, making a large smile sneak its way to my face.

"I've been here how many times? I still can't believe you haven't decorated," Renesmee laughed as I entered my room. She stood leaning in the doorway, looking around at my still empty walls. I wanted to decorate them, but nothing fit with what I wanted.

"Haven't found anything worthy to be put on the walls," I shrugged, pulling some clothes out of my dresser and putting them in an army green bag. We had agreed I would sleep over the whole weekend, and that she could take me to school on Monday morning without a problem. Farley even seemed happy I didn't have to take her to school, easily saying she could get a ride with a friend. I was glad to get away from her, too.

I was reluctant to agree at first, unsure if my heart could take an entire weekend with her. I was also worried about her family, and if they really liked me enough to see me outside of school. All of them were friendly to me, but I wasn't sure if it was because of Renesmee or not.

"Have any stickynotes?" she asked with wondering eyes.

"Look on my desk, might be some," I waved on the direction of my desk, reaching for a jacket to put in my bag. I heard pen scrawling and then the paper being taken from the top, which I turned to see her putting the note beside my desk.