Chapter 4: 4 Years Later (Firefly's POV)

Firefly soared through the treetops, occasionally setting the branches of trees on fire and startling swinging spider monkeys out of the trees. How dare he? Didn't he know all she wanted was for him to have a good, educated life? Maybe he didn't want her to use her time to make his life a little better. Humph, she thought, Just because he's the most good-looking dragon in the rainforest he thinks he can get away with being stupid. Well, she didn't care, he wasn't her problem anymore. She wished he was like his sister, she always kept things in her head and said the right things at the right times. Suddenly she was shaken out of her thoughts by a whoosh of wings behind landing behind her. Firefly swirled around in midair and found herself nose to nose with the most beautiful dragon in the rainforest. Her sister. "What do you want?" Firefly barked at her sister, "I'm busy!" "Busy thinking angry thoughts and setting trees on fire? I bet you are." "Oh go away, Anaconda! And stop using my thoughts against me."  "I'm not using them against you, I'm using them to have it come to your awareness that you should make your mind more peaceful.  And what happened this time?"  "None of your business!" Firefly snapped.  "Ohhh, I see,"  Anaconda mused, obviously reading her mind, "Pride fell asleep during one of your lectures again, didn't he?" "They should have named him Brainless." Firefly muttered.  "Um, he can read minds too!"  Anaconda cleverly observed (sarcasm), "Just go up to him and he'll see how much he hurt your precious feelings by falling asleep."  "He'll probably just say or do something else mean!" Firefly exclaimed.  "Oh please," scoffed Anaconda, "He couldn't hurt the feelings of a tree frog even if he tried."  Anaconda rolled her eyes as she said this.  Firefly knew she wasn't the only one who thought that Anaconda was like her mother in every way possible.  Beautiful, sarcastic, and occasionally grouchy, their father teased them about it every time they did something simultaneously.  "Alright, alright, I get it, I'm like mother.  Anaconda said, amused.  "Anyway, speaking of mother, she sent me to tell you to come to the royal pavilion.  Right now, so come." "Okay," Firefly said nervously, "I'm coming."  She flew after her sister, glancing down guiltily at the trees and branches she had destroyed in her fit of rage.  There were only two reasons she could possibly be getting called to the royal pavilion.  Either there was a royal crisis going on, or another diplomat from another tribe came for whatever.  Even so, she couldn't shake the feeling that this might be something different.  Well, I'll find out soon, she thought, swooping down along with her sister to the brown mahogany landing platform encircling the royal pavilion.