Blind Love

Blind Love

By LittleLiddo!

I slammed the door and slid to the floor as the tears ran down my eyes. Why? Why does this always happen to me? My boyfriend, Derrick, of 6 years just told me he had cheated on me and got a girl pregnant.  I slapped him and showed him the door.  My life was ruined. What was wrong with me? Every boy that I think really likes me… they always prove me wrong and stupid. I give up. Minutes later my big sister Skyland (Sky) comes in and cradles me in her arms. I cry into her shirt and she just rocks my gently back and forth as I cry. She rubs my hair and tries desperately to calm me.

“He wasn’t worth it baby cakes” my sister Sky tells me. But I always believed he was the one and it would be hard to let go. The next two weeks were crucial. I never went anywhere except school. I would go to school and then walk home and cry as soon as I walked in the door. I still was in post-dramatic shock. I stuffed myself with ice cream and cried. It was ridiculous.

It was Friday after school. I was crying again when my sister walked in a pulled the covers off me. Then she opened the blinds and I squinted and pulled the covers back over me. “Look Cameron, we are going to the movies tomorrow okay?” Sky made sure I understood.

“I’m not going anywhere” I said with the covers over my face.

“We are going out with Jordan and his cousin Demetrius tomorrow and you better be ready and presentable” With that my sister pivoted on her heels and walked out of the room leaving me with the words lingering in the air. I rolled out of bed and found something to wear. I took a long hot shower and decided to eat to real food. I felt so much better and decided Derrick wasn’t worth it. “I’m over it” I tell myself over and over and over again. Suddenly, the idea of the movies was great! But of course the idea of going with guys…not so hot about it.

SATURDAY 3 HOURS BEFORE THE MOVIES.

I had just got out the shower when Sky asked me if I was getting ready and I replied to her with a “yes ma’am.”  I got dressed in red skinny jeans; a red and black kiss me half-shirt and black white and grey Jordan’s. I felt on top of the world. When we got to the movies, I felt down but when I saw Demetrius and Jordan walk up to us, my eyes lit up when I saw Demetrius. Jordan was Sky’s...Friend. Demetrius was fine! He immediately started to stare at me and I blushed.  We went in to see some new scary movie and I hated scary movies. During the movie Jordan and Sky left to get popcorn and only me and Demetrius were left sitting there. I jumped and I hid my face in his arm and he laughed and held my hand. I smiled at him and he kissed my lips gently. I was in a daze and couldn’t focus on the movie. I snapped back only when Sky and Jordan came back. We both acted as if nothing happened. After the movie while Jordan and Sky talked, Jordan gave me his number and kissed me on the cheek and him and Jordan left. It was a fun night and when I got home I had forgot about his number. He saved his name as “Your Future Boo.”  I just smiled and texted the number. After a while he didn’t text back so I decided it was time for me to sleep. I was just about to fall into a deep sleep when suddenly my phone started to ring. I rolled over and the name “Your Future Boo” came up. I smiled and answered. His voice was so light and sexy.

“Hey Cam. I didn’t wake you did I?”Demetrius asked

“Nope, not at all” I replied.

We talked until I realized the sun was coming up. The whole night he had made me laugh and smile. It felt amazing to have at least this little bit of attention from a guy.

“Hey, we are having a great conversation” I start “but I need some sleep.”

“That’s cool. Just let me know when you wake up beautiful. Haha... good morning I guess” He laughs

“Good morning. Bye” I hang up and fall back on my bed smiling.

*NOTE FROM AUTHOR! : Please tell me what you think. Tell me if it’s rushed or whatever you feel! Thanks!! *