“I can’t, I’ve got to pick someone up,” he replied, shrugging and we all looked in his direction. Everyone was wearing the same confused expression.

“You do realise that it’s only eleven o’clock. A bit early to go out on the pull,” Cooper said from behind me and Josh gave him a sour look.

“Funny,” he answered flatly and Dale snorted.

“I hope you’re on a better mood on your date, she’ll run a mile otherwise,” he commented, earning a warning look from Clara.

“Just sort your cat out,” Josh retorted and shot me a smile before strolling back into his room.

We stood in silence for about a minute, just listening to him move around in his room before Clara slapped Dale’s arm.

“I thought he was going to hit you!” she hissed and Dale laughed.

“Nah, he’s harmless,” he replied, shrugging.

Cooper rolled his eyes and kissed my forehead before making his way into the kitchen for his morning coffee.

“Do you mind helping us find him?” Dale asked and I shook my head.

“Sure, no problem, I just need to get myself ready first.” He smiled, a grateful expression making its way to his face.

I walked back to Cooper’s room and sighed, sitting down on the bed. I didn’t know where my clothes were, Cooper had skilfully hidden them the night before.

“Coffee?” Cooper asked, not waiting for an answer as he handed me one of the zebra print mugs. I smiled and took it from him.

“Thanks,” he dismissed my words with a shake of his hand and a kiss. We took a long gulp of our drinks before he helped me to find my clothes.

After gulping down the coffee and getting dressed, Cooper sighed.

“I can’t let you go out in just that, here,” he handed me his gray hoodie and I grinned, giving him a kiss which left my lips tingling.

I pulled the hoodie over my head and grumbled when my hair stood on end, going static. Cooper just laughed and walked into the other room to meet Dale and Clara.

We all split into separate searching teams. I went with Cooper and we would cover north and east, whilst Dale went with Clara and they were going to search south and west of the flats.

“Come out, come out wherever you are!” I cooed and Cooper glanced around the abandoned streets, laughing softly at my high pitched tone of voice.

“You’re so embarrassing!” he whined and I chuckled, grabbing his hand and swinging it gently.

“Why, Cooper Tirrans, are you ashamed of me?” I teased and he laughed, stopping and planting a kiss on my cheek.

“Not even slightly, now c’mon, we’ve got a cat to find.”

We wandered aimlessly around the streets for about ten minutes before we got out of the flat blocks and onto the main streets.

The pavement was worn in and looked sad with pieces of chewing gum ground in and cigarette butts were scattered around. I sighed and kicked one before accidently tripping as my toe scuffed the floor.

Cooper laughed and grabbed my arm before I could face plant the floor.

“Thanks,” I replied and he chuckled, shaking his head.

“You’re such a klutz,” he paused and looked around us at the streets. “If we’re going to find Richard, I think that we’re going to have to split up,” he decided and I glanced at the shops and alleys. The bloody cat could be anywhere.