Chapter 6

Shaun POV

Kelly stayed in the room all day yesterday and I did not want to bother her anymore so I just did some paperwork. I got out of bed, took a shower, brushed my teeth, combed my hair and got dressed in a gray suit with a white undershirt. I headed towards her bed room. I know I said I wouldn't bother her but I need to check if she's still breathing.

When I got in the room, she was laying on the bed with the covers over her shoulders.

"Kelly", I said walking closer to her side.

"Kelly", I said a little louder shaking her shoulders for her to wake up. She opened her eyes and closed them back shut when she saw that it was me. I laughed at her reaction.

"What do you want?", she said turning away from me, showing me her back.

"We're going shopping. You can't wear my sister's clothes forever", I said now sitting on the bed by her legs.

"I can't stay here forever. I have to go back", she said while sitting up on the bed, leaning on the back board and I gave her a disappointed look.

"You can't go back there, he's going to hurt you again", I said looking at her and she showed no reaction. She just had a straight face on.

"He's my dad, he needs me around", she said softly.

"But he's not your biological father and if he needed you he wouldn't be hurting you", I said with seriousness in my tone, trying to make a point.

"How did you know that?", she asked giving me a dead pan look.

"I would never hire anyone without doing a background check", I said trying to make her understand that she's not the only one that I investigated.

"It doesn't matter, this is not your decision to make", she said getting angry at me and I raised my hands in surrender because I remember the last time I got her mad, she locked herself in the room.

**********
"Why can't I just grab a couple of clothes from home?", she asked in the car while we were driving to the store.

"Because you don't dress like an assistant of a millionaire", I said keeping my focus on driving.

"So I don't dress slutty enough to work for you?", she said and I chuckled. I didn't have to look at her to know that she was rolling her eyes.

"I'm not like your other assistants!", she said.

"Which is why I hired you in the first place", I said taking a glance at her. "We will only buy clothing that we both agree on, deal?", I said trying not to get into another argument with her.

"Why do you have to have a say on what I wear?", she asked, I just shook my head and left her question unanswered. I am trying to avoid an argument and she's just trying to create one. Women!

We got to the store five minutes later and I opened the door for her, leading her inside. By the way her eyes scanned everywhere I can see by her reaction that she was mesmerized by the place.

"This is the only store that my sister shops in", I said leaning into her ear. I walked to one of the employees and tapped on her shoulder to get her attention, " This is a friend of mine. Can you help her out?", I said and she nodded her head, leading us to a room.

"I'm sure that you will like the choices in here", the employee said.

"Thank you Bree", I said reading her name tag and I noticed the blush that formed on her cheeks. " We're good here", I said signaling her to leave me alone with Kelly.

When she left, me and Kelly started walking around the room. I found a glossy green outfit and I took it off the rack and handed it to her. She looked at me like I was crazy so I put it back where I found it.

When we got enough clothes, we headed towards the fitting room. She went inside to try on the outfits while I stood outside of the door waiting for her. Then I heard a guy shouting at the employees so I went to take a look.

Kelly POV

I rolled my eyes at every outfit that Mr Morgan had chosen. All of the clothing that he chose were either too revealing or too short but I still took one of his outfits since he's the one that's paying.

So far every outfit fitted perfectly. I tried on the seventh dress and looked in the mirror. This was the dress that he chose. It was a gray tutu dress with a black ribbon wrapped around the waist. I turned around to look at my bare back and instantly fell in love with the dress. I look at the tag and froze, my bank account has never even touched that many digits.

I was taking the dress off to try on another outfit when Mr Morgan rushed through the doors of the fitting room. Before I can even scream he covered my mouth with his hand and pinned me to the wall. I started to panic because I feel like he is going to hurt me. I knew this was to good to be true.

He put his finger on his lips, signaling me to be quiet then he let go of me. I stood where I was with my back still against the wall.

When I saw that he scanned my body, I jumped out of my confusion and back to reality. I noticed that I was only in my underwear and bra, so I grabbed a piece of clothing and covered as much body parts as I can.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked and he signaled me to lower my voice.

"The store is getting robbed", he said in a low tune but I managed to understand the words that came out of his mouth. "Get dressed", he said and turned around facing the wall.  Then he made a phone call. I'm hoping that he's calling the police.

"I'm done", I said after I was done getting dressed in my previous outfit and he turned around facing me again , ending the call.

When the police arrived, they arrested the robbers and thankfully no one was hurt because the gun was not even loaded.